PDA

View Full Version : I could go the rest of my life without.......

11-23-2005, 09:23 PM
1. Eating french fries
2. Hearing a song by Boston
3 Drinking Tequila
4 Playing a slot machine

I'm sure I'll still do some of these things but I won't miss them if I don't. What about you?

swede123
11-23-2005, 09:26 PM
Drinking Coffee
Watching the movie Pearl Harbor
Visiting New Jersey

Hamish McBagpipe
11-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Ever clicking on that [censored] mope airplane on a goddamn conveyor belt thread again.

11-23-2005, 09:37 PM
- Eating fast food (esp. McDonalds, Taco Bell, Burger King, Long John Silver's)
- Going to Las Cruces
- Playing certain card games for no stakes
- Unclogging my sink and toilets (old plumbing, happens all the time)

ScottieK

diebitter
11-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Ever seeing another [censored] physics thread - especially whre the answer is obvious, and we get so much navel-gazing it'd make a belly-button fetishist puke.

bills217
11-23-2005, 09:48 PM
-Watching a college basketball game.
-Wearing a pair of jeans.
-Seeing a movie in theaters.
-Drinking water.
-Christmas

eviljeff
11-23-2005, 10:05 PM
using Confederate currency to purchase earmuffs

2+2 wannabe
11-23-2005, 10:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

-Christmas

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good one

Homer
11-23-2005, 10:17 PM
WTF? I'm doing all four of those things right now. Okay, only two, but close enough.

1. Drinking beer
2. Entering a city with a population of >500,000
3. Using a phone

Slow Play Ray
11-23-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
navel-gazing

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a british thing? /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

diebitter
11-23-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
navel-gazing

[/ QUOTE ]

is this a british thing? /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's a British expression, I guess. 'Counting the number of angels that can dance on a pin-head type thing'. Does that make sense? I'll expand if not.

Blarg
11-23-2005, 10:23 PM
Seeing that O RLY owl(which I'm sure I'll get an O RLY owl picture for saying)

Slow Play Ray
11-23-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll expand if not.

[/ QUOTE ]

please do.

btw, since i am hijacking anyway - do you watch The Office? My roommate just put on the episode where David plays guitar and sings all those songs, and it damn near killed me.

Voltron87
11-23-2005, 10:25 PM
getting [censored] in the ass with a strap on

diebitter
11-23-2005, 10:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll expand if not.

[/ QUOTE ]

please do.

btw, since i am hijacking anyway - do you watch The Office? My roommate just put on the episode where David plays guitar and sings all those songs, and it damn near killed me.

[/ QUOTE ]
It means contemplating something to the nth degree, or by a ridiculous amount.

You talking about the American version? Love it, but only had season 1 here so far - no guitars.

Edit: David, doh! The English one of course. That's weird, don't remember a guitar one. I've got it on my TV ready to watch again, I'll check it out and watch it again. Cool!

Voltron87
11-23-2005, 10:26 PM
http://www.orlyowl.com/rutrippin.jpg

I could go maybe 15-20 seconds without seeing the owl again.

11-23-2005, 10:27 PM
1. Pointless phone conversations with the chick you are currently banging

2. Well done steaks

3. Normal "snail" mail

Slow Play Ray
11-23-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You talking about the American version?

[/ QUOTE ]

no - the british one in this case...but the american one is funnier in general.

Slow Play Ray
11-23-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
3. Normal "snail" mail

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good one - i HATE snail mail! though i recently found out if you don't check it often enough, you will eventually get pulled over for expired plates...

Blarg
11-23-2005, 10:32 PM
It's interfering with my concentration on being [censored] in the ass with a strap-on.

Voltron87
11-23-2005, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3. Normal "snail" mail

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a good one - i HATE snail mail! though i recently found out if you don't check it often enough, you will eventually get pulled over for expired plates...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think for all business things this is true, but it is definitely awesome getting snail mail from people you haven't seen a while or close friends.

Blarg
11-23-2005, 10:43 PM
I miss good letters. Letter writing is a lost art.

The way people used to write really great letters is pretty damn cool. They really put effort into them and you really got a feel for the person. Snail mail letters now seem to be getting so short and empty they're like e-mails. I love a couple-page letter, or more, where someone is really communicating with you, but sometimes I wonder if even very bright friends are borderline retarded when I see their letters. Hi, how are u me and Fred went to the pool. I'm gonna get a skateboard for Xmas. Laters, XOXOX

Oh well, it's still nice to get them. But it seems there's less confidence or patience to say it in writing.

Slow Play Ray
11-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Wow, I havent gotten a snail-mail letter since freshman year of college - that was 11 years ago.

11-23-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I havent gotten a snail-mail letter since freshman year of college - that was 11 years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sentiment stems from the fact that nothing ever good comes in the mail, other than random stuff I order over the internet. When the [censored] are they going to invent the particle trasporter, or whatever you star trek nerds call it....seriously though, well-done steaks piss me off more than anything in this thread though.

Blarg
11-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Yeah it's true, for the most part, nothing good ever comes in the mail. So much so that when I got a fortune cookie telling me that "Something surprising will come in the mail," I took it as a terrible curse, because there could be no kind of good surprise in the mail, only something bad.

Landon_McFly
11-24-2005, 12:01 AM
1. hearing about that [censored] that's missing in Aruba
2. see 1

11-24-2005, 12:16 AM
After watching a PETA video tonight, meat without a doubt.

1800GAMBLER
11-24-2005, 12:19 AM
Reading OOT /images/graemlins/frown.gif

11-24-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be stupid.

LetYouDown
11-24-2005, 01:03 AM
LOL, when I opened OOT, I saw:

I could go the rest of my life without...
Sleeping with random girls

adjacent. I laughed.

whiskeytown
11-24-2005, 01:52 AM
having a girl wanting to wear a strap on and do me in the pooper.

RB

tonypaladino
11-24-2005, 01:56 AM
Listening to stupid people give opinions on things they don't understand.

dblgutshot
11-24-2005, 02:02 AM
-Listening to people complain that LOST isn't going anywhere.

Guy Incognito
11-24-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
good god yes

11-24-2005, 02:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
-Listening to people complain that LOST isn't going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a great one

KingCon
11-24-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Go back to RUSSIA, you commie pig

11-24-2005, 03:02 AM
... having to wear these damn contacts.

CardSharpCook
11-24-2005, 04:10 AM
Forgeiner. Not hearing another forgeiner song would make my day/week/year/life.

oh, and seeing another Yankee championship.

ChipWrecked
11-24-2005, 04:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
navel-gazing

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's a British expression, I guess. 'Counting the number of angels that can dance on a pin-head type thing'. Does that make sense? I'll expand if not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not just British. My dad used to accuse me of 'navel gazing' or 'contemplating my navel' all the time. Ann Landers (the advice columnist) used to use it frequently.

diebitter
11-24-2005, 04:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Listening to stupid people give opinions on things they don't understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, be honest, you'd never hear a thing all day in a lot of places if this were granted as a wish.

Yobz
11-24-2005, 04:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You win.

diebitter
11-24-2005, 04:55 AM
- her putting the worse possible slant on any single phrase or comment made that could possibly be interpreted as being something to do with her /images/graemlins/mad.gif

siccjay
11-24-2005, 05:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
-Watching a college basketball game.
-Wearing a pair of jeans.
-Seeing a movie in theaters.
-Drinking water.
-Christmas

[/ QUOTE ]

????

All of these are awesome.

diebitter
11-24-2005, 09:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll expand if not.

[/ QUOTE ]

please do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched this over lunch! I'd forgotten the guitar. Hahahahaha! The bit where he's so pissed everybody off, that people actually leave, while the rest sit there embarrassed in silence - and then he says to his little sidekick 'go get the guitar' with a wink, like he's gonna cheer them all up. LMFAO!

What was the song 'free love on the free love highway'.

Can't believe I forgot it!

11-24-2005, 10:47 AM
Guys saying they're going to do something then not following through.

Landon_McFly
11-24-2005, 12:54 PM
every televised womens sport

NutzyClutz
11-24-2005, 05:49 PM
Pushing a crosswalk button, Peas, corderoy, Wind chill factor readings,soap opera, car air fresheners, umbrella

krimson
11-24-2005, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
every televised womens sport

[/ QUOTE ]
Woman's tennis kicks ass.

Alobar
11-24-2005, 06:50 PM
diarrhea
long goodbyes
Talking on the phone
wal mart

CardSharpCook
11-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Beach volleyball? Pool can be kinda sexy too.

reo
11-25-2005, 01:58 AM
Eating turkey.

diebitter
11-25-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Beach volleyball? Pool can be kinda sexy too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yah, women's BV >>>>> male sports

ohnonotthat
11-25-2005, 05:39 AM
In no particular order . . .

1. Having my girlfriend ask me whether "this looks good on [her]. "Honey. you are the hottest girl I've ever met (she is) but I don't give a flying f--k what you wear as long as you dress really slutty when the guys come over".

2. Watching Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson blindly jump to defend the actions of a person of color while paying no heed to the circumstances. Standing up against the Klan and protesting Terell Owens' having to survive on a mere 7 million per year are not the same; nor is there any similarity between stopping lynchings and screaming about the "persecution" of M. Jackson or O.J.

3. Watching a dealer stare SILENTLY at the (obviously new to poker and or holdem) player who does nothing when he is the BB and there is no raise. DON'T JUST DO SOMETHING; STAND (sit) THERE.

4. Having to endure the pain of improperly used metaphors. If my father were alive today he'd be turning over in his grave. (Um, yeah - I'd imagine he would be).

5. Having to listen to people tell me that STRIPES was not one of the greatest films of all time.

6. Ice cream headaches.

7. When she looks up (for approval ?) while giving me a [bl@wj@b]. I meant it when I said you were incredibly hot but I still like to pretend you're Shannon Elizabeth from time to time. (O.K. - all the time)

8. Hearing another 55ish guy tell me he was at Woodstock. There were ~ 250,000 there but I have had at least twice that many tell me they were there. (Not that they're lying; most of'em believe they were there).

9. Hearing actresses who clearly lack the brains to come in out of the rain whine about how "nobody takes them seriously". Maybe if you did just ONE film where you were topless in less than half of the scenes ?

10. Hugging my girlfriend's mom and popping major-league wood while wearing jogging shorts. (How in the world did her husband leave ?)

P.S. Having never been assaulted with a strap-on I cannot speak with authority but my initial impression is, not in this, nor any of the next 100, lifetimes.

Drive carefully and don't forget to tip your waitress.

diebitter
11-25-2005, 05:47 AM
I agree with pretty much everything here cept the wanting your girlfriend looking slutty for the guys, that's just weird, but I accept everyone's different, and we are cool on it.

BUT!
[ QUOTE ]

7. When she looks up (for approval ?) while giving me a [bl@wj@b].

[/ QUOTE ]

You think that's a 'do without'?!? WTF!

Blarg
11-25-2005, 06:31 AM
Very good ones!

9 is very funny and cracks me up constantly. I've heard that a lot from so many birdbrain women. It's hard as hell not to bust out laughing or even freeze in silence and not know what to say so you don't give away that you think they're so egregiously dumb and/or uninteresting that getting by on their looks is their only possible chance. A lot of people who wish others would pay more attention to their minds are lucky they don't. They should be regarding it as a gift.

Number 10 was funny too. An old friend of some friends used to often show up on holidays, and fighting back the wood was took a desperate and near superhuman effort. I was almost relieved when one day she came back for the holidays and seemed to have aged 15 or 20 years in only two.