PDA

View Full Version : Was I wrong to call this bet?

11-23-2005, 08:55 PM
Just a 3 person tourney in which we all started with 3k in chips and at the time of this hand I had a little over t4500 and the blinds were only 40/80. I was in the SB with KdQd and the Button raised to a straight t280. I called and the BB folded. The flop came 2d4d8c and I checked and then Button bet t500. At this point I knew he had a PP anywhere from 6,6-j,j. I just called knowing that I was actually favored when we saw the turn and river cause any K, Q, or Diamond would win for me. After the flop the pot was t1640. The turn brought a blank and he went all-in for t1700 more. I calculated the odds and saw that I was getting 2-1 on my money where I was atleast 35% to win the hand which justified a called based soley upon the odds themselves. Before I made the call, I counted how much I would have left if I lost and it was still little over 2k with the blinds still relatively low and I had confidence that I could still easily win with 2k. I knew if I won that hand though that there was basically no way I was losing as the other player left had only around t1500 and I knew I played much better than both to begin with. After I called and a Q came off on the river I was heavily scrutinized by my play. One thing that was criticized was my call of t500 on the flop because I was behind, but if both cards were seen everytime I was actually statistically ahead on the flop. They could not grasp the concept of having 15 outs twice is the same has having 30 outs once approximately. Even after coming home and calculating the odds on pokerstove and proving it to him he still disagreed. Anyways was I wrong to call?

Sykes
11-23-2005, 09:14 PM
holy jesus.

sentences.

use them please.

11-23-2005, 09:24 PM
what i wrote was written well enuff to be read and if you dont like it then just dont reply i wasnt lookin for an english lesson so please sit here and give opinions and comments that arent wanted if i wanted those opinions on how to write a short story i would have asked hows that for a sentence

patrick dicaprio
11-23-2005, 09:39 PM
ok but keep in mind that you are more likely to get a response if your post is easy to read and clearly written. no one is obligated to respond and if you want them to do so make it easy.

Pat

popimp3333
11-23-2005, 10:14 PM
these kind of comments are the reason why this site is getting worse an worse. if you have no advice on the question or input that is helpful, just sit in your chair and grumble to yourself. man im getting tired of this BS. and by the way i woulda probably did the same thing you did except calling the all in. too gutsy for me because you just dont know if you k and q are outs. but i guess if you had a great read on your opponent then right on!!! what did he have by the way?

11-23-2005, 10:47 PM
he had 10,10. i knew my outs were good because i play with htis guy twice a week and i have good read on him. thank you for your reply and not an english lesson. i appreciate it.

11-23-2005, 10:48 PM
again ur replyin to somethin that is totally irrelevant to what i requested. if you dont like it or cant comprehend what i wrote then simply dont reply with ANYTHING. pretty simple.

yvesaint
11-23-2005, 10:57 PM
i can comprehend what u wrote and since u like to write like this im going to respond like this since its the kind of style u like to write in even tho its real hard to read i mean its just one big paragraph with no sentence breaks or paragraphs or any semblance of organization so u think any k q or diamond was a good out so maybe u should have raised all-in on the flop but guess what u just called turn was a blank he went all-in now u are getting 2-1 but u are not 35 percent nemore to win u kno why? whoops used a question mark that made a new sentence i guess i messed ur style up well its cuz theres only one more card to come so ur call was not good personaly id raise the flop or check-raise i couldnt even find out in ur insanely long paragraph is u were in position or not

11-23-2005, 11:23 PM
yes i was 35% to win. put that in your odds calculator. know what ur talkin bout before u act on it.

11-23-2005, 11:25 PM
after the flop i was 55% to win and after turn i was approx 35%

yvesaint
11-23-2005, 11:29 PM
31% if he has Td, 34% if he doesnt, so its closer to 32.5%

but we're just arguing semantics here

but if you think youre 55% chance to win on the flop, why not just push then, do you think he actually pays you off if you hit a diamond/K/Q on the turn?

11-23-2005, 11:32 PM
yes i do because he is the type of player that will not release a good hand. he only plays his hand and doesnt think about what i have.