PDA

View Full Version : When is it correct to cold-call?

11-23-2005, 08:45 PM
I've noticed in the position stats posts that lots of you good players cold-call in late position sometimes. When do you do this?

Spicymoose
11-23-2005, 08:48 PM
With a medium PP after a raise and two calls (I sometimes do it after a raise and only one call, but I have been criticized for doing so), or a limp and then raise and call, or any combination of that. Also maybe with a hand like JTs after a few players are in and it has been raised.

I rarely coldcall, but I would say that if I were going to be doing so, it would be when there are at least 2, if not 3 other players in the pot, and I don't think a reraise has much value.

climber
11-23-2005, 08:52 PM
I'm feeling generous today but in general search the archives (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1018043&page=0&fpart=all &vc=1)

11-23-2005, 09:15 PM
Thanks. I never can find the useful threads in the search. You can imagine how often the words "cold call" come up.

imported_leader
11-23-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks. I never can find the useful threads in the search. You can imagine how often the words "cold call" come up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try searching for just threads who's title contains "cold call."

11-23-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm a moron. Do you see why?

Seriously, I forgot the quotes. This forum needs to just use the google search engine or something. It would rank hits with both words higher than those with just one.