PDA

View Full Version : Would eating insects be Crimson Challenge worthy?

partygirluk
11-23-2005, 08:41 PM
I'm off to Thailand soon, and could do with some extra Baht. You can get deep fried grasshoppers/bamboo worms/cockroaches etc. there. Is this the kind of thing that the Crimson Challenge is all about? Could I record it from a webcam? How much could I make?

shant
11-23-2005, 08:43 PM
It's so easy to eat bugs cooked. If you were squeamish you could just avoid looking at them and eat a bunch. I'd say a real challenge would be eating them alive.

partygirluk
11-23-2005, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's so easy to eat bugs cooked. If you were squeamish you could just avoid looking at them and eat a bunch. I'd say a real challenge would be eating them alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd do that for a nice price. Where would I get the live bugs from? Talk to the guy who sells the fried bugs and see if he can them for me pre-fried?

Redd
11-23-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd do that for a nice price. Where would I get the live bugs from? Talk to the guy who sells the fried bugs and see if he can them for me pre-fried?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's probably an easier way to get live bugs than to fly to Thailand. You could try pet store crickets or, if you're still in a warmish climate, the ground.

dblgutshot
11-23-2005, 09:22 PM
I don't think opening the door to bug-eating is a good idea as everything will just turn into a fear-factor type thing which, IMO, is lame.

shant
11-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Pet stores have lots of live crickets and worms for feeding lizards and such.

Blarg
11-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Bug eating is a very good one, I think.

Getting the stuff from pet stores is also a very good way to go about it. Bugs eat toxic stuff that can make us sick. The ones in pet stores have been eating normal stuff for a while, so you won't get an accidental blast of some dangerous plant poison in your gut or something.

Pet stores also have mealworms, which break into a milky white substance, in little tubs like small margarine tubs. This was one I suggested and I think it might already be on the challenge list. Usually they're fed to lizards, larger aquarium fish, and such. They're only as long as the last joint on your finger, but they're nice and fat and cream filled, just like a worm should be.

partygirluk
11-23-2005, 10:21 PM
How much money for eating 50 mealworms?

Blarg
11-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Up to El Diablo I think.

partygirluk
11-23-2005, 10:40 PM
How much did Tony get for eating 4 blocks of butter?

Blarg
11-23-2005, 10:44 PM
I never read how much people got paid for anything they did or partially did. Probably it will get up on donkfrenzy.com at some point.

Slow Play Ray
11-23-2005, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Would eating insects be Crimson Challenge worthy?

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely.

Ulysses
11-23-2005, 11:16 PM
Few things are inherently Crimson Challenge worthy or not. It is largely a function of price.

If there's something you're willing to do, propose a challenge and price.

Landon_McFly
11-23-2005, 11:37 PM
My friend did this last week.

Go to the fast pitch batting cages.

pay someone to take a ball directly in the...

1. Nuts

2. Forehead

3. Butthole

4. Stomach

(My friend chose the forehead.)

And yes, I paid him $50

edfurlong
11-23-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My friend did this last week.

Go to the fast pitch batting cages.

pay someone to take a ball directly in the...

1. Nuts

2. Forehead

3. Butthole

4. Stomach

(My friend chose the forehead.)

And yes, I paid him $50

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess if you are dumb enough to do this getting hit in the head with a fastball isn't going to make much difference.

Landon_McFly
11-24-2005, 12:13 AM
they aren't as hard as baseballs though. (the dimples on the ball scraped his head where his forehead meets his scalp and it was bleeding.

COULDN'T STOP LAUGHING

1800GAMBLER
11-24-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm off to Thailand soon, and could do with some extra Baht. You can get deep fried grasshoppers/bamboo worms/cockroaches etc. there. Is this the kind of thing that the Crimson Challenge is all about? Could I record it from a webcam? How much could I make?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not worthy. I got drunk and ate tons of them. They just taste like burnt wood.

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/2978/up18kw.jpg

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/8236/up26tu.jpg

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/709/up33ho.jpg

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/2947/up40zf.jpg

Blarg
11-24-2005, 12:32 AM
I don't care how many people do it, it's still freaky to me.

Chairman Wood
11-24-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I have any say but I say NO!!! Deep fried grasshoppers are nothing. They are actually kind of tasty.

MonkeeMan
11-24-2005, 03:37 AM
Eating fried insects is idiOOTic.

http://www.beedogs.com/index_files/image002.jpg