PDA

View Full Version : Help. Spyware all around

Sykes
11-23-2005, 07:42 PM
I need a good free pop-up blocker and spy-ware remover for my sister's computer. Her computer is highly infected and one of the big spyware is SpyShariff (Surprise, Surprise).

Please help me out folks.

send_the_msg
11-23-2005, 08:16 PM
well if reformatting isn't an option, then i think adaware is as good as most, and free. for pop ups just get her firefox or opera.

bluef0x
11-23-2005, 08:21 PM
I would reformat, I tried adaware and spybot S&D and it did nothing. But try those programs first..

Sykes
11-23-2005, 08:24 PM
I would reformat, except I would have no clue how to.

I would need a step by step instruction manual.

send_the_msg
11-23-2005, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would reformat, except I would have no clue how to.

I would need a step by step instruction manual.

[/ QUOTE ]

google or microsoft support should help you on that one.

bluef0x
11-23-2005, 08:31 PM
I used to hate to reformat, but does your sis have XP? If so all you have to do is put in the CD and restart your comp.. when it says "Press a key to boot from cd" press enter. Then you just follow the instructions. I reformatted my comp and laptop last weekend since it was so fun

Sykes
11-23-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I used to hate to reformat, but does your sis have XP? If so all you have to do is put in the CD and restart your comp.. when it says "Press a key to boot from cd" press enter. Then you just follow the instructions. I reformatted my comp and laptop last weekend since it was so fun

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, She has XP. I have no clue where the CD is.

/images/graemlins/frown.gif I just wanted to play on empire so I could clear my bonus /images/graemlins/frown.gif

YourFoxyGrandma
11-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Microsoft Anti-spyware Beta is the best spyware software I've ever used, hands down. It's avaliable at microsoft.com.

EDIT: Also, as mentioned before, using firefox over IE is the single biggest thing you can do to prevent spyware. http://www.getfirefox.com