PDA

View Full Version : playing full table shortstacked VPIP 12%

Position
11-23-2005, 07:42 PM
Think I can win this way?

Buying in to loose full tables (50% avg seeing flop!), limping ~12% of hands and prepared to commit to good flops.

Questions I've yet to answer: What % of flops will be "good" (worth committing say 25 big blinds to) for the best 12% of hands when 4-5 of us see the flop? How much +equity will I have on average?

Just started playing with this idea a couple days ago. The twodimes Omaha calculator shows the hands as closer in value (both preflop & on most flops) than I even expected.

Funny thing is I actually find it hard to play 15%+ of hands...don't even know what hands I would add!

Position
11-23-2005, 08:09 PM
Should add that I'm talking about wildish high-stakes online PLO. Played some of this at 5/10 & 10/20 so far with fine results but uncomfortably little long-term theory. (I'm mostly a high-stakes NLHE player.)

jomatty
11-24-2005, 06:47 AM
i have been using this strategy with fairly good results too but like you i have a very small sample size. i feel like i play fairly tight but im not playing nearly that tight. i posted some short stack questions and got some feedback so you might try to track that down.
12% seems awfully tight to me. if the games are very agg. as well as loose this may be the lowest variance way to profit but its hard for me to imagine that your not giving up a little. like you said, so many of the hands run so close together preflop that i find my main advantage in these games is getting all in on the flop with a big equity advantage in the hand. sometimes i can get my 25 bb or so in while the big stacks are just doing their regular continuation bets with another one calling to see if he freezes on the turn and what not but commiting themselves to my raise (or if they fold to it thats great too).
are you playing hands like A6s78o A6s65or A7s9To. not saying its right but i def, play these sorts of hands and am just curious. they may not play well in very agg games but i still think they are profitable even short stacked (although thats just my opinion, and PLO is not a game im that knowledgeable about)
matty

Marnixvdb
11-24-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Should add that I'm talking about wildish high-stakes online PLO. Played some of this at 5/10 & 10/20 so far with fine results but uncomfortably little long-term theory. (I'm mostly a high-stakes NLHE player.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Most wildish 5/10 and 10/20 online PLO tables will not let you see a lot of flops cheaply in my experience.

Marnix