PDA

View Full Version : 3bet acehigh on the flop

TStoneMBD
11-23-2005, 07:25 PM
aggressive 3 handed 15/30 game

i dont know too much about either player but this is an aggro game and i dont think they are terrible. if anything they are tags that arent as good as me.

i open ATo from the BT, SB 3bets, BB calls, Hero calls(?)

flop is 677

SB bets, BB raises, Hero 3bets (?)

Spicymoose
11-23-2005, 07:27 PM
Um, this looks like a bit of a spew to me, but I guess you could be ahead sometimes. I would just fold the flop...

Cap it up preflop! There are so many reasons why this is a good idea.

TheMetetron
11-23-2005, 07:28 PM
What did BB just call 2 cold with then raise that flop that you are ahead of? No way he's doing that with other overs. I think I just let it go there.

sublime
11-23-2005, 07:31 PM
i think your behind to a baby pair here a good % of the time, and you are now getting 6-1 with a player who has shown strength waiting to act again. now if you think you can get him to fold and the BB to check to you on the turn then this can work i guess, but it seems like the odds you are getting are not sufficient to cover the times this parlay does not occur.

11-23-2005, 07:36 PM
BB thinks sb got a decent hand that didnt hit and that you got a worse hand that didnt hit. What hand do you think he has? Since I dont play this high I wouldnt know but I am guessing he has A8+,pp,89s,KQ. You arent looking great vs that range HU. And sb might have a good hand. With that said, I think 3-betting is much better than calling but folding is best.

Alobar
11-23-2005, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think your behind to a baby pair here a good % of the time, and you are now getting 6-1 with a player who has shown strength waiting to act again. now if you think you can get him to fold and the BB to check to you on the turn then this can work i guess, but it seems like the odds you are getting are not sufficient to cover the times this parlay does not occur.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, what sublime said. Lets also not forget that the fact you didnt cap PF makes it much easier for everyone to see your hand for what it really is here.