PDA

View Full Version : 3/6: AJo I Was Proud of...

SippinSoma
11-23-2005, 06:34 PM
Until Entity suggested I post it. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

UTG is a 25/19/2 TAG multitabler. CCer sucks. Context - He limps UTG, SB completes, I check Q3. 33J flop. SB bets, I raise, CCer calls down with J7o and without hesitation. I had to manually import the hand for some reason and the converter hates me for it.

Party 3/6 6m, 5 handed.
UTG opens, I 3-bet AJo, CCer is next and calls. Everyone else folds.

Flop is KJ4r. 10 SBs.
UTG bets, I raise, CCer calls, UTG calls.

Turn is Q. 8 BB.
UTG bets, I call, CCer calls.

River is A. 11 BB.
UTG checks, and I bet.

kross
11-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Fold the turn. You've shown infinite strength up to this point, and he's still betting into you. 3rd pair is no good, especially on a KQJ board. He might play TT like this, but that's about all you can hope for.

Given that we need to improve, how many outs do you think we have? Another J may or may not be good, an A may or may not be good. A ten definitely is good, but may only be good for a chop.

Spicymoose
11-23-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold the turn. You've shown infinite strength up to this point, and he's still betting into you. 3rd pair is no good, especially on a KQJ board. He might play TT like this, but that's about all you can hope for.

Given that we need to improve, how many outs do you think we have? Another J may or may not be good, an A may or may not be good. A ten definitely is good, but may only be good for a chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

We need 4 weighted outs to be able to call the turn, which I think we might have. 4 outs to nuts that might chop, 2 outs to trips that may or may not be good, and 3 outs to two pair that may or not be good. I think the turn call is close, but I would probably do it.

I think the hand is played pretty well overall.

I guess we might wanna consider folding preflop? What kinda stats did this TAG have exactly? Also, what position were you in?

luckyharr
11-23-2005, 07:07 PM
What was your hand range for UTG? Seems like he would have capped before the flop with KK and JJ so those sets are out, 44 and KJ are a possibility but seems like he would have 3 bet the flop while he had you two trapped for another bet. After the turn donk, I don't know what to put him on but it seems you are behind, either to KQ, QJ, or maybe KT/KJ. Discount your gut shot by 50% and assume your 5 two pair/trip outs are good for about 3 outs. 5 effective with the CCer likely making it 10-1 and the call seems about right.

Were you folding the river improved? I think it would be correct.

sublime
11-23-2005, 07:36 PM
i fold preflop in this spot and then leave the table as your seat sucks.

post flop is close and annoying which is why i fold preflop.

Spicymoose
11-23-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i fold preflop in this spot and then leave the table as your seat sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Excellent point. The hand is so marginal I believe that this is way better advice then anything anyone could say about the actual hand. Game selection and seat selection are so crutial, yet so often forgotten, or at least not payed enough attention to.

SippinSoma
11-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Okay, let's try this again. Can we consider the equity I have vs UTG's range as well as the fact that I have position on him? Anyone care to do any hand reading postflop besides "It's close?"

sublime
11-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Anyone care to do any hand reading postflop besides "It's close?"

look at the board, there is no other answer other than its close.

also the fact the you have position on UTG is mitgated by the issue of having a brick wall to your left, not to mention a dubious hand and more players to act (albeit players you will have position on)

Schneids
11-24-2005, 06:17 PM
Given that your proud I'm guessing CCer folded and UTG called with KQ.

I do 3 bet PF. I probably raise the flop. I call the turn. Big pot poker means you generously estimate your amt of outs. And that could range from four outs on up to much more than than that, and the pot is big enough.

TStoneMBD
11-24-2005, 11:52 PM
you played it well. preflop is an easy 3bet imo.