PDA

View Full Version : Ask a stupid question....

blueboles
07-01-2003, 06:03 PM
Ok, I just downloaded Pokerstars. Are the freeroll tourny's totally free? Do I have to qualify? I'm not used to the interface so if there's something that tells me, please tell me where to look.
Thanks for helping,
Kelley

happyjaypee
07-01-2003, 06:08 PM
"freerolls" are free and you can qualifie for the "weekly rounds" if you make the final table.

"weekly rounds" have money prize to be won and are free too but you have too qualifie trough "freerolls".

-Happy /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

fnurt
07-01-2003, 06:38 PM
I believe the "High Seas" type events are totally free. There are also some tournaments under the tourney tab that show an entry of "200 FPP" or so, meaning there is no monetary cost but you need to play a certain amount on the site in order to accumulate those FPP (which stands for "frequent play points" I think).

In addition to the freerolls, there are also many tournaments with an entry fee of $1 or $3, which may fit within your poker budget.

All of these tournaments tend to attract several hundreds of players which makes them lots of fun. It's great to play for a while and realize you're already guaranteed to finish ahead of 500 people!

blueboles
07-01-2003, 07:01 PM
Thanks, for clearing that up for me.
Kelley