PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Q,Q on Turn against nothing but action...

11-23-2005, 06:28 PM
I am beginner, this is my second posting:

I played Q,Q against three opponents on turn. i cannot say anything about my contrahents, because I just started playing 5 minutes before this pot.

On turn I thought I had the best hand.But then came some action and i simply did not know, what to do... If I believe, that my hand is best, I have to raise. If I believe in the action of my opponents , I have to fold.

So I called, but have no idea, if this was OK...

Can someone tell me?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (15.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

krimson
11-23-2005, 06:33 PM
If I believe, that my hand is best, I have to raise. If I believe in the action of my opponents , I have to fold.
This is incorrect. This is far from being a raise/fold situation and your call is correct. Essentially, you're not sure where you stand, so neither raise nor fold.

I would bet the river. I doubt he's trying to c/r you twice.

TomBrooks
11-23-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would bet the river. I doubt he's trying to c/r you twice.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ya, call the turn and bet the river when he checks. I'll bet he had a five like A5, 65, 54, or 55 and he semibluff raised his OESD on the turn hoping to make you fold. Ya, that's the ticket.

11-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Good idea!

But he had no 5, he had a Jack! (One jack)

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TomBrooks
11-23-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But he had no 5, he had a Jack! (One jack) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, of course. A Jack would give him top pair so a checkraise could have meant that also.
I'm changing my awnser to 3bet the turn. Really, I'm changing my answer.

Edit: eh, a checkraise on the turn usually means the player can beat top pair (or it's a semi-bluff.) I'll go back to call the turn and bet the river. It's weird that he checked the river though. Maybe he was going for a second checkraise (not likely), or maybe he had a weak kicker and got scared when you called his checkraise (more likely.)

mute
11-23-2005, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I believe in the action of my opponents , I have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wanna point out, that this is often not true. Villain could easily be making this play with two pairs, and you would have outs to call.

11-23-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I believe in the action of my opponents , I have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wanna point out, that this is often not true. Villain could easily be making this play with two pairs, and you would have outs to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, ty!