PDA

View Full Version : 99 vs LP - borderline or not?

Akimka
11-23-2005, 05:45 PM
UTG+1 is well-known LP. 62/3/0.5 (32 hands)
BB is 86/0 - LLLLLP /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I thought turn is borderline between c/calling all the way (folding if diamond falls) and folding on turn UI (folding flop clearly not correct because of implied odds)

Is it really borderline or going to SD here is clear spewing?

P.S. Anyone can please say to me how to study blind play? (see my blind play post #2 reply)
Thanks! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Nick C
11-23-2005, 05:51 PM
I know we only have 32 hands on UTG+1, but I think I'd fold to the flop raise. I'm thinking he probably has a jack.

I don't mind the peel so much, but I'd probably give up when I hadn't improved and UTG+1 bet again on the turn.

Duerig
11-23-2005, 06:13 PM
I think calling the turn is a pretty big mistake. I can't imagine anything that you beat if your opponent is passive. I think you're drawing to 2 outs.

Akimka
11-23-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think calling the turn is a pretty big mistake. I can't imagine anything that you beat if your opponent is passive. I think you're drawing to 2 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about flush draw or A4? Or it's not possible after river bet?

Would anyone fold it on river instead of turn?

krimson
11-23-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about flush draw or A4? Or it's not possible after river bet?

Would anyone fold it on river instead of turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
What are you trying to draw to? Fold to the flop raise or show it down (assuming no ace) are your options.

olavfo
11-23-2005, 07:21 PM
On the flop you have an underpair on a 2-flush board and a passive player has just raised you.

You're often behind and those times you're not, you will frequently be drawn out on. The pot is not big (yet).

For me this is a clear fold after the flop raise.