BB: 1305 Chips
UTG: 895 Chips
UTG+1: 1115 Chips
MP1: 930 Chips
<font color="red">Hero: 1125 Chips</font>

Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Blinds are 15/30

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="green">MP1 Calls</font>, <font color="red">Hero RAISES ($90)</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>, <font color="blue">BB folds</font>, <font color="green">MP1 Calls</font>

(2 players) FLOP: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ( Pot Size: 225 Chips )
<font color="green">MP1 checks</font>, <font color="green">Hero checks</font>

(2 players) TURN: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ( Pot Size: 225 Chips )
<font color="red">MP1 BETS ($30)</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>

(2 players) RIVER: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ( Pot Size: 285 Chips )
<font color="red">MP1 BETS ($75)</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>

Final Pot:435 Chips

What do people think to this line? Obviously, I can cont bet the flop, but I chose not to on this occasion.

rbear
11-23-2005, 05:51 PM
Personally, I like to cont. bet this flop. It raises the pot for your draw, and gives you info about opponents hand.

tigerite
11-23-2005, 06:15 PM
Thing is, by doing so, I give information about my hand. I didn't like that idea.

bones
11-23-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It raises the pot for your draw

[/ QUOTE ]

Say what?

tigerite
11-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Heh. I hadn't noticed that. What draw? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

11-23-2005, 06:31 PM
What draw?

Top pair, backdoor two pairs, trips, straight.

What a draw!

tigerite
11-23-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What draw?

Top pair, backdoor two pairs, trips, straight.

What a draw!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Well anyway, I guess this thread isn't that interesting. He had A7s (and not spades) so any bet on the flop and he folds, and I don't get the chips he generously donated to me.

Irieguy
11-23-2005, 06:50 PM
You don't think you have the best hand on the end? You can get a few more chips from an underpair, and all of the chips from a weak ace.

Irieguy

rbear
11-23-2005, 06:58 PM
guess that was eloquent /images/graemlins/confused.gif
Raises pot for when your Q or A hits, and you find out if he has a 10.

tigerite
11-23-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You don't think you have the best hand on the end? You can get a few more chips from an underpair, and all of the chips from a weak ace.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

I did think of raising the river, yeah. I don't see why he would come alive on the turn with an underpair though when it was just the card he'd hate to see. I figured it was a WA/WB situation so just called, probably incorrectly.

bones
11-23-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raises pot for when your Q or A hits

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on this reasoning, every hand you ever play should be raised.

[ QUOTE ]
and you find out if he has a 10.

[/ QUOTE ]

No you don't. Depending on how aggressive/tricky the opponent is, you'll either get raised by a T, spades, the other card on the board (which I don't remember offhand), or air. You'll also get called by the same range.

If you're going to consistently c-bet, you should really understand the reasons why you're doing it.

Irieguy
11-23-2005, 07:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't see why he would come alive on the turn with an underpair though when it was just the card he'd hate to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he knows that most people c-bet with an ace on the flop, and if you have one you'll let him know. He figures he's good.

This is why you play the hand the way you did... to be able to extract the max on the end.

Irieguy

11-23-2005, 07:17 PM
My first thought was we're winning, lets get a few more chips and perhaps raising the river is indeed better.

I don't know about getting all the chips from a weak ace though. If you raise and end up getting all your chips in on the river I suspect you will lose a lot of the time.

rbear
11-23-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you're going to consistently c-bet, you should really understand the reasons why you're doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

fair enough, any suggestions of a helpful thread?

Roland32
11-23-2005, 07:23 PM
I believe by checking the flop your telling yourself that you are calling and not raising on the turn if you hit. Saying that I believe you are also stating that you are raising if he bets the river. This was my original thought process, however what should be the raise amount. Also, how do you proceed if he goes over the top on the river. My gut says yo have to give it to him.

golfcchs
11-23-2005, 07:32 PM
This may be minor, but dont you want to raise a little more pre flop with one limper?

tigerite
11-23-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This may be minor, but dont you want to raise a little more pre flop with one limper?

[/ QUOTE ]

I often raise t120 here, I just thought I'd do t90 here, no real thought process behind it.

tigerite
11-23-2005, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't see why he would come alive on the turn with an underpair though when it was just the card he'd hate to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he knows that most people c-bet with an ace on the flop, and if you have one you'll let him know. He figures he's good.

This is why you play the hand the way you did... to be able to extract the max on the end.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

As usual, a very good point. I think I should have raised the river.

patrick dicaprio
11-23-2005, 09:47 PM
i have no problem here except for the river. if you raise will your opponent call with a weaker ace? i understand why you played the way you did, since you dont want to get reraised for a ton of chips, since only a T here is playing strongly on the river given the way this was played.

as far as the flop is concerned i have no problem at all with your line. it is easy to say you should bet and maybe you should but if he has zero then you arent getting a call and if he has a pair of some sort you probably get checkraised or a fold. you dont want to turn down a free card here.

Pat