PDA

View Full Version : A hand from the session review

HouseCalls
11-23-2005, 05:05 PM
BB sLA-A (21.8/5.4); UTG LP-P (51.3/2.6)

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero??

milesdyson
11-23-2005, 05:08 PM
i raise preflop and find a very easy bet on the turn.

Weatherhead03
11-23-2005, 05:09 PM
Bets

jaxUp
11-23-2005, 05:12 PM
raise pf.

BB's stats indicate that he probably has some idea what he's doing. However, a read would be nice.

If BB is decent at all, he has a mid pocket pair here. There is no other hand that it was correct to c/r the flop and then check the turn with. You need to bet here. If he c/r's again, I let it go.

11-23-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need to bet here. If he c/r's again, I let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero picked up a flush draw on the turn so I'd bet the turn and call a c/r from BB.

nomadtla
11-23-2005, 05:22 PM
You have a decent made hand and a good draw. I don't know that I want to pair that J. I think /images/graemlins/diamond.gif's are safe as we're most likely just against trips. I don't want to open up a betting round so BB can c/r me. I think you should take a free card. Though that does also give straight and flush draws a free card. Will BB c/r the flop on a draw? I think I take the free card.

And here's my river lines:

If the river is Q go to war.
If the river is J check/call.
If the river is another 9 and checks to you bet/call, call 1 bet if the river's not checked to you.
If the river is /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and checks to you bet/call, raise /call if bet into.
If river is brick, call 1 bet, or check behind.

hustalasta
11-23-2005, 06:31 PM
*Grunch*

Raise preflop.
Bet the turn

Stealthy
11-23-2005, 06:42 PM
I don't raise this pre-flop, I would first in but am happy for it to go multi-way with a limper already in. Turn is an easy, easy bet.

McGahee
11-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Raise PF and bet the turn.

HouseCalls
11-23-2005, 09:21 PM
I'm surprised to see so much support for the preflop raise here (my real question was the turn where I failed miserably and checked). SSH does not recommend raising QJs except in late position and there are already 2 limpers (so I can't steal). Now I know that the book also says that correct play will often vary from the recommendations but that to do so you should have a specific reason why your situation is different from a typical low stakes game. So for all of you who raised here - what's your reason?

madscratch
11-23-2005, 10:02 PM
I don't raise this PF and I check the flop and raise a bet from someone in late position. If reraised I let 'er go but if not I lead again on the turn. Is that totally wrong?