PDA

View Full Version : often missing turn check-raises

asofel
11-23-2005, 04:44 PM
villain is 48/2/.6 over 100 hands. At the time I felt he had a pretty good hand he wanted to protect and keep going with, as he's usually more passive. Standard turn CR tho right? I've been missing them a lot recently and am wondering if I should just be betting...

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter (http://www.pokerhand.org)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks.

River: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Victor
11-23-2005, 04:48 PM
[censored] happens.

Entity
11-23-2005, 04:52 PM
I probably just 3-bet the flop.

Rob

PS - I raise preflop.

11-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Happened twice today when I switched network to play on. Some networks are more passive.

asofel
11-23-2005, 04:55 PM
sure it does, I don't care about missing it right there, I do care if its dumb to go for them in those types of situations.

asofel
11-23-2005, 05:00 PM
thx Rob. I was thinking about the pf raise but didnt' this time...is that almost always a raise for you? Is KTs the cutoff point?

3-bet flop, lead, lead and hope he comes along? Would you do this at say 10/20 as well? Too often I think i'm getting cute with FPS and should just relax with the C-xing

krishanleong
11-23-2005, 06:05 PM
Played fine.

In my opinion not going for a turn cr would be criminal.

Krishan

Lmn55d
11-23-2005, 06:15 PM
I think 3betting the flop is better here. This guy's stats seem to indicate that he is reasonable passive postflop. I think there are a lot of turn cards that could cause him to check the turn with a lot of the hands he could hold in this spot. Specifically: a K, T, or possibly an ace. A passive player like this might even check if the J or Q pairs. Also, it would not totally surprise me if this guy checked the turn with a weak ace now that it is headsup, or with something like KQ or KJ. I don't think the prospect of getting one additional SB by checkraising the turn offsets these things. Also, since his PFR is 2 it is possible that he could cap the flop with a hand like AQ, AJ, JJ, QQ, or AA and then you could still checkraise the turn.

Also, raise preflop.

Jdanz
11-23-2005, 06:22 PM
lot of aces check behind on the turn

krishanleong
11-23-2005, 06:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lot of aces check behind on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I feel when someone gets this many folds with a raise, they almost always follow it up with a turn bet.

Krishan

asofel
11-23-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think 3betting the flop is better here. This guy's stats seem to indicate that he is reasonable passive postflop. I think there are a lot of turn cards that could cause him to check the turn with a lot of the hands he could hold in this spot. Specifically: a K, T, or possibly an ace. A passive player like this might even check if the J or Q pairs. Also, it would not totally surprise me if this guy checked the turn with a weak ace now that it is headsup, or with something like KQ or KJ. I don't think the prospect of getting one additional SB by checkraising the turn offsets these things. Also, since his PFR is 2 it is possible that he could cap the flop with a hand like AQ, AJ, JJ, QQ, or AA and then you could still checkraise the turn.

Also, raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said, and the part about cards that could kill my action is something I need to consider much more than i do...

thx for the other replies people...

NDHand
11-23-2005, 07:03 PM
5-way pre-flop with no raises yet ; KTs has a big edge here pre-flop