PDA

View Full Version : Blind attack/defence post #1 - attack with Q8s

Akimka
11-23-2005, 04:34 PM
Needfull intro:

During my last poker expirience I became concerned about mine blind attack/defence play so I have intention to present some of my last hands involved in blind attack/defence and can you please evaluate my play.

Also I need to say that I completely understand that proficient blind play is more art than science and I need to have more accutate reads during my play but because of 4-6 tabling I operate 80% of my time with PAHud stats and make desicions based on that all the time.

So hand #1 - 'too timid'

Opponent is 56/7.6/1 - loose and slightly passive.

I don't want to raise this flop because I think he will not defend with much hand range. I about to put him more on Ace hand than on something like 55 or KJs.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

crunchy1
11-23-2005, 04:49 PM
Value bet the river.

krimson
11-23-2005, 05:01 PM
He's pretty passive, his 3-bet likely has some substance. I would imagine it's 44+, Ax, some big hollywoods.

Given his range, I don't think there is value in a river bet. It's unlikely he calls with missed hollywood cards, so we're essentially hoping to be ahead of small PP's, only leaving us to hope he has 44,55,66.

I think this type of passive player is "turtling" with bigger pairs against the ace here, he think's he might be behind, but is certainly not making the "big laydown". We seem to be behind more hands we're ahead of, and I think this river bet would be a spew.

This blind steal was played perfectly in my books.

Nick C
11-23-2005, 06:03 PM
This looks good to me.

I think your opponent will have a hand like TT fairly often here. He could easily just be scared of the ace.

If he's got KQs instead of a pocket pair, I kind of doubt he's calling the river, though I suppose it's possible.

Duerig
11-23-2005, 06:09 PM
I'd bet the river. You are almost certainly ahead here and you might get called by K high.

27offsooot
11-23-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Value bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. I think 99-KK are more likely and will always call. I don't see king highs calling all that often on the river. I know he's passive and can make bad calls, but i don't think he will call with K high here.

billuhbong
11-24-2005, 05:06 PM
i agree.. i dont like betting the river, he could be calling down any pocket pair in between ur 8 and ace