PDA

View Full Version : question about my hand...

Duck
11-23-2005, 03:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone could offer their opinion on the following hand. I apologize in advance as i'm not the genius when it comes to posting hand histories.

================================================== ==
$25 PLO 10-handed room on Party.

I'm in the BB w/ [ 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
Six limpers to me so I check

Flop: [ Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
SB checks
I check
limper1 bets (0.75)
limper2 calls (0.75)
limper3 calls (0.75)
limper4 folds.
limper5 folds.
SB folds.
I call (0.75)
Turn: [ Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
I check and it checks around

River: [ 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ]
I check and it checks around

My 7's full takes the pot....

================================================== ====

Basically I assumed someone may have flopped top two pair and turned a boat.... I suppose i could have bet out small on the river and mucked if i get raised significantly. Something tells me I played this incredibly weak.

Any suggestions? should I have bet out on the flop? after checking the flop should I have bet my boat on the turn? if I do bet the flop and get called should I continue betting on the turn? If I get called on the turn should i bet the river?

I would appreciate any comments or alternative scenarios on how I should have played the hand from the flop moving forward....

bugstud
11-23-2005, 04:14 PM
I would probably lead/fold the river. bloating the pot with bottom set is a very bad idea.

Unabridged
11-23-2005, 04:48 PM
i'd pot that on the flop and see where you stand.
i think checking the turn is ok so you won't have to lead out again on the river again if someone calls. but i'd bet out on the river, there is good chance of getting paid off by a Q or flush

BluffTHIS!
11-23-2005, 07:33 PM
Like Unabridged said, you should generally lead with bottom set to see where you stand, and also so that you don't let someone make a gutshot broadway straight for free. And like bug said, with no other draws to go with it, you generally don't want to play a big pot with bottom set, especially out of position. And if you meet resistance with bottom set, even from loose aggressive players, you should generally just fold, since other than the magic quad card, any flop card with these types of flops that pairs can easily make someone an overfull.