PDA

View Full Version : $525: Pocket Tens on the Button

bruce
11-23-2005, 03:17 PM
I've been somewhat aggressive prior to this hand. I won
a decent sized pot with 52s when different opponent totally misplayed his hand, so I probably in eyes of opponents look like a donkey. Perhaps I may even be one. Lol.

I have no read on villian.

$525 buyin Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (9 handed) converter

SB (t1710)
BB (t1430)
UTG (t1800)
UTG+1 (t1760)
MP1 (t1155)
MP2 (t1435)
MP3 (t1545)
CO (t775)
Hero (t1890)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Ts, Td.

All fold to me. I make it T150. Small blind folds
and the big blind reraises to T450.

What is my best play?

Is this an automatic repush for me if I include his range of hands which he will reraise with including most pocket pairs, AK, and AQ? Will he only reraise with a big hand like Aces or Kings and push with smaller pocket pairs or AK/AQ?

Would it be too tight for me to fold?

In a smaller SNG I would not think twice about pushing or at the minimum calling. I see opponents reraising and willing to go to the felt with lots of garbage. In a bigger buy in SNG, the play still can be pretty weak, but
the players are typically not as poor so I can mostly discount raises from the big blind with hands like A8 or
KTs.

Comments appreciated. Thanks.

eniven
11-23-2005, 03:21 PM
You don't say what buyin this hand is from...

Anyhow, I think at low limit SNG's like the 10+1's you could push this easily. You're only really worried about JJ-AA. More times than not you'll be up against overcards IMO.

I can't speak about this play at higher buyins though. I have no experience with those...

Ixnert
11-23-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's right there in the subject line...

eniven
11-23-2005, 05:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's right there in the subject line...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. My mistake.

microbet
11-23-2005, 05:38 PM
It would be great to have a read on villian because there is a large group of players at the higher buyins where this reraise absolutely means QQ+ and just barely maybe AK.

With no read, I'd fold.

You could always ask your son. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

bruce
11-24-2005, 02:10 AM
Too bad he wasn't sitting next to me because I know he
would have folded.

A reraise in the bigger SNG's as I'm finding out usually means a big hand or absolutely nothing.

Bruce