UTG raised - $28.00
Hero called - $28.00

** Dealing the turn: 8d
UTG bet - $44.00

What do you do here?

beavens
11-23-2005, 03:13 PM
would he overvalue an underpair here?

immediately when i see the pfr im thinking of AA or AK, but ive got a feeling that he doesnt have Ax.

amoeba
11-23-2005, 03:32 PM
I fold.

I would probably also fold to the flop underbet, 3 bet reraise.

JAP
11-23-2005, 03:37 PM
He was as likely to have AJ as AK imo. he might have KK, QQ but that was unlikely. AA was a possibility. Flush draw was possible but unlikely the way he played it

I pushed.

Leptyne
11-23-2005, 03:54 PM
With AQs a good flop is Qrr. That way you have TPTK. With this flop you've got nothing but trouble. One of the ways you can use your position to your advantage is to call his min bet on the flop. Keep the pot small.

Another note is to keep stats on individual CB so you know what this min bet means.

So you took your shot and got raised. I'm gone. You really need a good solid read on villain instead of puttting up $$ trying to guess.

JAP
11-23-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
With AQs a good flop is Qrr. That way you have TPTK. With this flop you've got nothing but trouble. One of the ways you can use your position to your advantage is to call his min bet on the flop. Keep the pot small.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree, that would have been a smart play. But had't given me any new information. The reason i liked rasing is gaining information and the standard thing to do if called or raised is to give up.

[ QUOTE ]
Another note is to keep stats on individual CB so you know what this min bet means..

[/ QUOTE ]
what is individual CB?

[ QUOTE ]
So you took your shot and got raised. I'm gone. You really need a good solid read on villain instead of puttting up $$ trying to guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really should have given up right there where he min raised me back. tilt, bad play whatever. should've given up.

ajmargarine
11-23-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
** Dealing the flop: 6d7cAc
UTG bet - $2.00 ...

[/ QUOTE ]

$19 pot, he bets $2. Call him down so you can see what he has and make a note of why he's doing this. You may lose value in this hand, but should gain it back in the future.

elus2
11-23-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what information are you gaining by raising the flop on a draw heavy board? you only gain information if you can accurately narrow his hand range down when he calls or reraises you. as mentioned earlier, you gain a lot more information by getting to showdown and figuring out what his donk moves mean.

Yeah I agree, that would have been a smart play. But had't given me any new information. The reason i liked rasing is gaining information and the standard thing to do if called or raised is to give up.

[ QUOTE ]
Another note is to keep stats on individual CB so you know what this min bet means..

[/ QUOTE ]
what is individual CB?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really should have given up right there where he min raised me back. tilt, bad play whatever. should've given up.

[/ QUOTE ]

JAP
11-23-2005, 04:22 PM
When he bet 2 dollars i put him on a pair, so i figured he would probably just call me down from there with that.

Leptyne
11-23-2005, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
what is individual CB?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CB is Continuation Bet. I also keep stats on each players min-raise, both preflop and postflop.

Raising for information? See this post re our magazine article by our own ML4L:

Raising for Information (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=3562325&an=0&page=11 1#Post3562325)