PDA

View Full Version : The link on my sig. Funny, but interesting racial clash also

Inthacup
07-01-2003, 04:22 PM
If you guys click on my signature, "Woo WOOO", you'll get a link to a video clip that is a clip of a news story. It's about "Whistle tips" that people in Oakland CA are putting on their cars. It's really funny, and gets funnier the more you watch it, but it also carries an interesting clash between the races. They have:

Proponents:
Ghettofied African Americans

Opponents:
Middle American Whites

They even throw an interview in with a Hispanic auto mechanic for good measure.

I find it interesting that they so blatantly sparred the races in this clip. Any thoughts?

whiskeytown
07-02-2003, 02:02 PM
you know...I watched that video...I don't think it's racist...

I think stupid teenage white kids in the suburbs probably have the same damned whistles on their car...it's just you won't see much like that in a downtown city newscast like Oakland...

BTW, did you notice when that dude and his sister took off with their whistle in high gear showing off they ran a stop sign on their way out...LOL

RB

Inthacup
07-02-2003, 06:49 PM
did you notice when that dude and his sister took off with their whistle in high gear showing off they ran a stop sign on their way out...LOL

Oh yeah. That was hilarious. Not to mention that he almost hit a parked car when he first started accelerating.

Things to look out for:
1. The cars that actually have these "whistle tips" on them.
2. The spokesman's name for whistle tips is "Bubb Rubb" and his sister/girfriend/whatever's name is "Lil' Sis".
3. Her reasoning for having them: They're for decorations man, decorations. That's it and that's all.(Doesn't something have to be visible to be a decorations?)
4. The name of the muffler place at the end is "McMuffler"
5. Bubb Rubb almost hits a parked car and runs a stop sign showing off his whistle tips, which you can't even hear.
6. His reasoning for why people complain about the noise.
7. His explanation of what a whistle tip is.

The list goes on...and on... and on.

MCS
07-06-2003, 07:01 PM
That video is HILARIOUS.

But I felt the racial vibe too.