PDA

View Full Version : Best Vegas Steak Dinner

11-23-2005, 02:23 PM
Been in Vegas 6 months and love the steak dinners at the Wynn SW Steakhouse, overall its just a nice place to eat, with a really good bone-in ribeye, and filet thermidor.

I've also ate at the steakhouse in Treasure Island and even had some great prime rib at Lawrys (also has the best cream corn I've ever had)

I'm a fat guy who loves to eat and want some OOT options as to a place to get a great steak dinner in vegas, money is no option.

Shajen
11-23-2005, 02:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've also ate at the steakhouse in Treasure Island

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't very impressed with the steak at TI.

shant
11-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Craftsteak in the MGM.

jgorham
11-23-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Craftsteak in the MGM.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never had a better meal than at Craftsteak.

nickey009
11-23-2005, 03:03 PM
I really enjoyed the Bone-in Rib-eye at the Venician. I think the restaurant is called Del Monico's steak house. It's an Emeril Legase place. Best piece of meat I've ever freakin' had.

joshman1204
11-23-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Craftsteak in the MGM.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never had a better meal than at Craftsteak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree

11-23-2005, 03:04 PM
I thought the steak at the Wynn sucked ass. Of course I am from Texas, so, I'm used to the best angus beef in the world, seriously. So, my opinions will be biased, but if you want some good meat in Vegas head over to Lowerys.

The best steak in Vegas however can be had at the most unlikely place- The Tropicana has a japanese hibachi type steak house that makes a stone cold killer filet/lobster combo. It's remarkable and its a great dining experience as the japanese chefs cook the food right in front of you and put on one helluva performance. I highly reccomend it.

Tex

Matt Flynn
11-23-2005, 03:05 PM
DelMonico's is good. Don't know about the rest. I ate in two of the Wynn restaurants (not the steakhouse) and came away disappointed in both.

HDPM
11-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Bone in rib steak at Delmonico medium rare. Start with the barbecued shrimp. Have some side dishes - never a baked potato. Truffle oil potato chips, veggies soaked in sauce, whatever. Guzzle good red wine. Spend a lot. Go home happy.

BradleyT
11-23-2005, 03:42 PM
Steakhouse in Circus Circus.

No it's not a joke.

PITTM
11-23-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Craftsteak in the MGM.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, me too. top 3 meal ive ever eaten.

rj

cpitt398
11-23-2005, 03:50 PM
You might think Im joking, but the steak special @ Ellis Island is pretty decent and @ $4.95 for 10oz Filet cut Sirloin, Potato, Green Beans, and Salad, you can't go wrong.

It might not be top of the line, but its not your normal cheapy steak specail either. That things like 2 inches thick @mid rare.

11-23-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

No it's not a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive heard this rumor!

The Yugoslavian
11-23-2005, 04:46 PM
The Benihana at like the Hilton or whatever is pretty good. I'm pretty sure a fat guy who loves to eat could find the meal most delicious (as well as skinny punks who hate eating).

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yugoslav

11-23-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No it's not a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive heard this rumor!

[/ QUOTE ]

No rumor, this place is damn good and gets much better when you consider it might cost 50%-75% of what a comparable meal at some of the other places mentioned might cost.

If you want a really cool atmosphere (i.e. hot chicks EVERYWHERE), I would check out N9NE steakhous @ the Palms.

Freakin
11-23-2005, 05:06 PM
Prime was one of my favorite meals in a long time... I guess I just got unlucky with a semi-decent cut of meat when I went to craftsteak. it was good, but I didn't think it was as good as Prime.

At Prime you're sitting on teh Bellagio lake watching the fountains go off next to you. It's hella pimp

I've heard Steakhouse in Circus is one of the top 2 or 3 in Vegas, provided that you can deal with going into Circus.

I'm going back to prime every time I go to vegas

tek
11-23-2005, 05:15 PM
The steak (and everything else) at Boa in Caesars rocks, but very expensive place.

Boa Steakhouse Las Vegas (http://www.boasteak.com/balboa/index.htm)

11-23-2005, 05:37 PM
Downtown there's an old-school steak house called Hugo's Cellar, it's in like the basement of Four Queens. The food is terrific and the atmosphere is very dark and Rat Pack; it basically feels like you're eating in a speakeasy, which I mean as a huge compliment.

MonkeeMan
11-23-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Of course I am from Texas, so, I'm used to the best angus beef in the world, seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, you need to visit places that have endless miles of corn fields for some good corn fed beef. I've been to a few remote steakhouses in Iowa that just kick ass with the local product.

As for the Circus Circus steak, I'd rather eat lesser beef in a non-hellhole.

(Oops, insert Iowa/hellhole joke here).

Ulysses
11-23-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bone in rib steak at Delmonico medium rare. Start with the barbecued shrimp. Have some side dishes - never a baked potato. Truffle oil potato chips, veggies soaked in sauce, whatever. Guzzle good red wine. Spend a lot. Go home happy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd replace the shrimp w/ foie gras or steak tartare or a couple of other options. Other than that, I'm with HDPM.

samjjones
11-23-2005, 06:02 PM
I've eaten the rib steak at the original Delmonico's in NO, and while it was good, it was not great. Is the Vegas chapter better? The chips topped with gruyere and truffle oil are definitely the [censored], though.

11-23-2005, 06:26 PM
Did you mean the tropicana and not circus circus, or were you referring to a different post?

You cant beat Texas beef. You just can't. We breed the best cattle in this country.

Bob's Steak and Chop House- the highest rated steak house in the country. Dallas & Plano.

Tex

Peter666
11-23-2005, 06:27 PM
I concur. The steak there was excellent, and they even had a 10 oz Porter House special for 99 cents on Thursday nights when I was there last.

I know the guy said price is no option, but there is no way that any 30 dollar steak will be 6 times better than the steak at Ellis Island. In the restaurants you are paying for the atmosphere and the whole ambience of the meal.

But screw the ambience! Give me cheap delicious meat! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

lgas
11-23-2005, 06:48 PM
I've eaten at some of the highly rated steak houses in Vegas, like Charlie Palmer's in the Four Seasons and some of the trendy places like 3950, but the two best steaks I've had are the filet at the Luxor steakhouse and the ribeye at A.J.'s at the Hard Rock.

I never would've guessed Luxor's steakhouse for being good, but I've been back several times and it's been excellent every time.... AJ's I was a little less surprised about but the steak has been consistently awesome there as well.

NLSoldier
11-23-2005, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If you want a really cool atmosphere (i.e. hot chicks EVERYWHERE), I would check out N9NE steakhous @ the Palms

[/ QUOTE ]

best steak ive ever had.

HDPM
11-23-2005, 08:28 PM
yes, the scenery at nine is the best of the steakhouses IME.

11-23-2005, 08:37 PM
One place I wont recommend is the Corsa Cucina(sp?) in the Wynn, its being remodeled now, but I had a $72 Australian Kobe steak that I was told by the waiter I wouldnt need a knife to cut, and was thouroughly dissapointed to the point next time I went I got the $30 cheaper steak that was better by far.

Doesnt anyone like the cream corn at Lawrys on Flamingo, go there just for that!!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tron
11-23-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a fat guy who loves to eat and want some OOT options as to a place to get a great steak dinner in vegas, money is no option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Option?

11-23-2005, 08:45 PM
or opinions if i wasnt an idiot

11-23-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a fat guy who loves to eat and want some OOT "OPINIONS" as to a place to get a great steak dinner in vegas, money is no "RELAVANCE".

[/ QUOTE ]

Option?

[/ QUOTE ]

DrCool
11-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Morton's is good. I ate there this summer and enjoyed it. I will also throw my support behind Lawry's. Good prime rib, good creamed corn, good yorkshire pudding.

Last week I had a filet at Red Square in Mandalay Bay. Decent but too small. I guess most filets are like that. Best part was it was on someone elses tab.

I still have N9NE, The Steakhouse at Circus Circus, and Craftsteak on my list of places to go. Maybe I will hit one of those in January.

johnnybeef
11-23-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Benihana at like the Hilton or whatever is pretty good. I'm pretty sure a fat guy who loves to eat could find the meal most delicious (as well as skinny punks who hate eating).

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? We ate at both this place and at TI's steakhouse. Benihana is your average run of the mill habachi steakhouse. TI had an incredible seafood cocktail. The seabass which was a special that evening was, well, quite frankly I have had better in Columbus Ohio. As far as the steaks go, I remember Raptor saying that steaks are better in Texas.

11-23-2005, 08:56 PM
i'm hitting up Smith & Wollensky tomorrow night and I'm concerned it hasn't been mentioned yet. Anyone have recommendations abotu this place?

11-23-2005, 08:56 PM
I know Lawrys is a chain but generally I'm not a big fan of them like Mortons, because from place to place they can be so different.

Hell. I'm not a fan of Ruth Christ steakhouse and once had a $1700 dinner there.

I look for a nice place thats an unexpected place to expect a great steak.

Ulysses
11-23-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm hitting up Smith & Wollensky tomorrow night and I'm concerned it hasn't been mentioned yet. Anyone have recommendations abotu this place?

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to S&W in Vegas a few months ago and it was terrible. I was there as part of a group dinner in a private room where they were serving 25 or so people at the same time from a semi-preset menu, so perhaps this is not the same experience as going there as a regular diner. But our experience pretty much sucked.

11-23-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to S&W in Vegas a few months ago and it was terrible. I was there as part of a group dinner in a private room where they were serving 25 or so people at the same time from a semi-preset menu, so perhaps this is not the same experience as going there as a regular diner. But our experience pretty much sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]
Fuk. Well, we're stuck w/ it at this point, hopefully it'll be better from the real menu/service. Will drink heavily in advance for good measure

rwperu34
11-23-2005, 09:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you mean the tropicana and not circus circus, or were you referring to a different post?

You cant beat Texas beef. You just can't. We breed the best cattle in this country.

Bob's Steak and Chop House- the highest rated steak house in the country. Dallas & Plano.

Tex

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't overly impressed with the steak at Bob's.

Ulysses
11-23-2005, 11:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Fuk. Well, we're stuck w/ it at this point, hopefully it'll be better from the real menu/service. Will drink heavily in advance for good measure

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been to S&W in NYC for a regular dinner and it was just fine.

coltrane
11-23-2005, 11:29 PM
"Nine" - the steakhouse at the Palms - has a very good reputation....I went the other night, it was good (not AMAZING).....the place is real trendy/modern and the lobster, shrimp, calimari and porterhouse were all pretty quality....

HDPM
11-24-2005, 12:32 AM
Yeah, I have liked the lobster bisque there and the little piece of ahi. I don't think the steaks are the best tho. Very good, yes, but I only go if I can't get a reservation at delmonico

11-24-2005, 01:06 AM
Which cut did you get?

The steak that got the outrageous award was the Cote De Bouef, the 20oz bone-in ribeye.

The NY sucks IMO, as does the large filet (16oz)

I reccomend the small filet, or the porterhouse.

Tex

(dont forget the caesar and the shrimp cocktail)

mike l.
11-24-2005, 02:04 AM
we went spur of the moment to the place in monte carlo against clarkmeister's advice and it was extremely medicore.

11-24-2005, 02:15 AM
Lowery's

Nuff said /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

...then again I dont eat much steak /images/graemlins/confused.gif, but if you want Mexican food advice big guy there in lies my expertise you know who to ask a few cubicles away /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mat Sklansky
11-24-2005, 03:39 AM
Never ate here, but I like the review (http://www.frommers.com/destinations/lasvegas/D51888.html)

The Yugoslavian
11-24-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? We ate at both this place and at TI's steakhouse. Benihana is your average run of the mill habachi steakhouse. TI had an incredible seafood cocktail. The seabass which was a special that evening was, well, quite frankly I have had better in Columbus Ohio. As far as the steaks go, I remember Raptor saying that steaks are better in Texas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Benihaha was better IMO. But chefs swinging knives close to the people I eat with is a major +. Although I loved what I got at TI but it wasn't steak...and it was smothered in sauces and gravy...anyway, I realized later my advice was pretty awful in this thread. I'll admit it. I still think Benihana is a good time!

Most people at that other place didn't even like their meal...and that seafood thing was ok but nowhere near great. Sucks to have lived right next to SF for so long, /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Yugoslav

ChipWrecked
11-24-2005, 06:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Of course I am from Texas, so, I'm used to the best angus beef in the world, seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, you need to visit places that have endless miles of corn fields for some good corn fed beef. I've been to a few remote steakhouses in Iowa that just kick ass with the local product.

[/ QUOTE ]

My grandpa was a farmer in western Illinois.

Best steak I ever had was at a cookout the local Purina feed dealer had as a 'thank you' to good customers. Grandma gave up her ticket so I could go with Gramps. OMFG, melt in your mouth, cut it with a plastic knife no problem... eating outside under a pavilion.... That was 30 years ago and I've never had a steak even come close since.

private joker
11-24-2005, 07:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with El Diablo. I ate at the S&W in Vegas with a bachelor party of 11 guys in a private room with a window into the kitchen, etc. It was an absolutely fantastic meal. Delicious steak, perfect wine, brilliant salad, immaculate service. A top 10 meal-of-my-life contender. You'll be fine, FatBallz.

Clarkmeister
11-24-2005, 01:37 PM
The best combination of quality, service and price is Delmonico hands down IMO. Craftsteak #2.

Clarkmeister
11-24-2005, 02:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
we went spur of the moment to the place in monte carlo against clarkmeister's advice and it was extremely medicore.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why, oh why would you ignore me on that.

mike l.
11-24-2005, 03:26 PM
"Why, oh why would you ignore me on that."

we were feeling lazy and were really short on time as we had something to do at 8pm and it was already like 630. still we'd have been better off spending like $100 less and having something at least as good in another restaraunt in the same hotel.

bad beetz
11-26-2005, 09:48 PM
I went there and it was good. It was a touch over priced, and our server was a thug, but I would go back.

sucka
12-11-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agree with that. I'm from Texas as well, but best steak I've ever eaten was at a shwanky place called "Mahogany's" in Omaha, NE. Hands down and it's not even close to anything I've eaten in Texas. 20oz bone in filet for $50 bones. Nothing can touch it.

mike l.
12-11-2005, 03:06 AM
we ate at nine and the food was super super good, but it was way too noisy/loud.

B Dids
12-11-2005, 05:00 AM
Craftsteak was pretty damn awesome. Not just the steak, but the side dishes as well. I ate peppers and enjoyed them for like the first time ever.

Maulik
12-11-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Benihaha was better IMO. But chefs swinging knives close to the people I eat with is a major +. Although I loved what I got at TI but it wasn't steak...and it was smothered in sauces and gravy...anyway, I realized later my advice was pretty awful in this thread. I'll admit it. I still think Benihana is a good time!

Most people at that other place didn't even like their meal...and that seafood thing was ok but nowhere near great. Sucks to have lived right next to SF for so long, /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

Yugo! beni is not a steakhouse!!!!

n00b

I ate an over rated meal at the Wynn, good although m'eh.SW Steakhouse is where I ate.