PDA

View Full Version : 1/2: Oh those silly donk bets

Sponger15SB
11-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Eh, some of these are old and I don't feel like looking up their stats, and I'm pretty sure if they were all against LAGs I'd know what to do, so just assume your typical stupid 45/5/1 $1/2 donk.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero ??

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP folds, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero ??

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero ??

SomethingClever
11-23-2005, 02:06 PM
1: pop him again
2: call down
3: usually call down
4: i pop him again
5: call down

Sponger15SB
11-23-2005, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]

5: call down

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain the difference raising and calling these two, because they look like fairly siliar hands.

car ramrod
11-23-2005, 02:11 PM
1. I call down
2. raise, he is got a 9 a good % of time
3. prolly call, may fold river ui, may call
4. raise, he likely picked up a draw
5. raise, I would call down without the 3rd player.

RunDownHouse
11-23-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I much prefer to raise almost any non-pairing, non-straight-completing river. He's going to 3bet a lot of two-pair hands, and you can't fold to those because you have a lot of outs against them.

Alobar
11-23-2005, 02:29 PM
1) raise
2) easiest raise out of all these hands
3) fold to the flop bet
4) raise
5) HU I might just call this one down, but with another guy in the hand I like a raise

<font color="white"> you play poker? </font>

SomethingClever
11-23-2005, 02:57 PM
Because Qx with a paired kicker is less likely than Ax with a paired kicker.

TStoneMBD
11-23-2005, 05:12 PM
1- raise

i originally thought calling here was good but i like raising now. the double donkbet is representing that he has us beat and i hate raising and being 3bet when we are drawing to a live 5 outs. in this situation however if he 3bets your raise its because he has queens up or a set/straight so at best youre drawing to 3 outs. folding doesnt lose much equity. its very unlikely for him to have a hand like 78 in this spot. by raising it also allows you to extract more value out of the hand because you gain 3 bets when ahead and only lose 2 bets when behind assuming he always reraises when he has you beat. the equity gained by the extra value bet is greater than the value lost in folding a 3 outter.

2-raise

i like raising this because there is another player in the hand. if it was heads up i would just call. however, if you cant fold to a 3bet then i would just call the turn. you are going to lose alot of money raising this and calling down 3bets because he will often have an 8. in this situation however as the last, you gain 3 bets when youre against a 9 compared to 2. you also get to protect your hand.

3-call

you gotta call for your gutshot and its unlikely youre ahead. youre not protecting your hand because its behind. you also might face a 3bet and be forced to pay another bet for your gutshot. id rather call the turn and reevaluate on the river.

4-raise

raise that crap.

5- call/raise

i would raise if i think there is little chance that a hand like 9T 3bets me. getting 3bet by that hand and folding is pretty catastrophic since you have so many live outs. i would also just call if i think there is a chance he 3bets with a weaker ace. if i feel pretty safe about not getting 3bet off the best hand or a hand with alot of outs then i think raising to protect your hand while giving yourself a value bet on the river is good poker.