PDA

View Full Version : The old KK question

fuzzbox
11-23-2005, 12:01 PM
6-max 5/10

Villain 1 is a LAG. He and I battle quite frequently. He is tricky, and can bluff some, and he doesnt like laying down top pair to me, so Im really hoping to trap him.
Villain 2 is new to me, I dont really know him too well.

Stacks
Villain 1 - 1k
Hero - 1.2k
Villain 2 - covers both

Hero has K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Preflop
Villain 1 opens for 35 utg. folded to hero on the button who calls. Villain 2 makes it 150 in the SB, villain 1 calls .... hero pushes.

Thoughts ?

11-23-2005, 12:46 PM
hmmm. I dont like the smooth call PF. I really dont like the SB raising, either. given the way you played it PF, i think you have to make a substantial re-raise once the SB re-raises. I think a push is a good idea here, just hope SB doesnt have AA. I dont really get tricky with KK too often, especially here.

Big_Jim
11-23-2005, 05:40 PM
I like it.

I think villian can put you on a medium pair or AK and call with QQ/JJ.

I believe TJ Cloutier calls this play "Second Hand Low"

Bosox
11-23-2005, 06:04 PM
great. even looks like a steal, depending on your image.

creedofhubris
11-23-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
6-max 5/10

Villain 1 is a LAG. He and I battle quite frequently. He is tricky, and can bluff some, and he doesnt like laying down top pair to me, so Im really hoping to trap him.
Villain 2 is new to me, I dont really know him too well.

Stacks
Villain 1 - 1k
Hero - 1.2k
Villain 2 - covers both

Hero has K/images/graemlins/diamond.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Preflop
Villain 1 opens for 35 utg. folded to hero on the button who calls. Villain 2 makes it 150 in the SB, villain 1 calls .... hero pushes.

Thoughts ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it better if you're a little shorter, but I still like it.

AceHiStation
11-23-2005, 11:23 PM
I always love the Second Hand Low opportunity... they don't come very often, but when they do its a great feeling... hope he didn't have AA. Sidenote... I have made some very questionable calls from SBs position not giving enough credit to button for his smoothcall, reraise allin move... and usually i'm right. I think SBs calling range is fairly wide here. Nicely done.
-Ace

RikaKazak
11-24-2005, 01:08 AM
hey, I'm retarded, can someone link to me a post on 2nd hand low, or acehi, can you just explain it to me on AIM?

Simplistic
11-24-2005, 01:25 AM
playing a hand 2nd hand low is limping/cold calling in LP with the hopes that someone (blinds) is going to raise/re-raise, then you trap/push

fuzzbox
11-24-2005, 04:30 AM
Ok, so the play stands up ... thanks guys.

Alas - SB did, indeed have AA, and naturally called. I was fortunate enough to hit a K, but he managed to hit an A to go with it, and took down a nice pot.