PDA

View Full Version : Fearing a set

Roy6
11-23-2005, 09:04 AM
CO has TAG stats and played very solid poker so far.

2 loose player limp and so does TAG CO. I check my option with KJo

Flop comes 4 6 K, no flush draw
I bet, 2 loose players call, TAG raises, other players drop,
I 3-bet, loose players call and TAG caps, I fold

I thought TAG player won't miss the opportunity to cap with a set with 3 players likely to see the turn.

11-23-2005, 09:12 AM
You dont think he could have played KQ,K6s,K4s this way?

stigmata
11-23-2005, 09:15 AM
K6s / K4s seem unlikely.

He def. would have raised KQ. A pocket pair is a really common over-limping hand for a TAG.

I can see why you folded, but I need a pretty solid read to fold top pair decent-kicker on the flop, even on a drawless flop like this.

11-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Why is K6s,K4s unlikely? I limp along with those hands with so many players in.

sthief09
11-23-2005, 09:21 AM
looks an awful like 75s

Spicymoose
11-23-2005, 09:42 AM
This could be plenty of things other people mentioned, or 64s also. I think you should peel.

Does anyone raise this preflop? I am just starting to experiment with raising on the BB more often, and I would like to know if this would be one of those opportunities.

xwillience
11-23-2005, 11:17 AM
id see the turn it doesnt look like your ahead here tho so i would probably fold the turn UI

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone raise this preflop? I am just starting to experiment with raising on the BB more often, and I would like to know if this would be one of those opportunities.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry for the hijack - but i personally raise AJs and KQs from the BB but not KJo

imported_leader
11-23-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you could consider it if it was just the two loose players. It's still close because your inflating the pot. I raise AJo and KJs here often.