PDA

View Full Version : JJ...decisions

WalkAmongUs
11-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Villain was 55/20/3.5

How was this hand played?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Is flop cap here recommended?

Turn: (12.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

River: (15.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB

@bsolute_luck
11-23-2005, 08:54 AM
that dude's a maniac (if i read his stats correctly).

i think i'd put in 1 more on the turn. i'm not giving credit for a set given those stats.

11-23-2005, 08:55 AM
I think you have to cap the flop. I think you played this hand well and did not wimp out.

11-23-2005, 08:57 AM
We will have to see what the concensus is but I like the cap on the flop. Given your LAG read on UTG+1, I don't see any reason to slow down. UTG+2 seems on a flush draw so the extra money helps pad the pot.

Absent the club on the turn I think a raise would have been alright on the turn as well. Sure LAG-boy gets dealt AA, KK, and QQ just as much as anybody else and he could even have A5 but against this kind of player, in this type of situation, you can make a lot of money.

The Ace on the river sucked because Villian easily has an Ace so just call (as you did).

11-23-2005, 09:01 AM
The flop cap is good. Villian is uber loose-aggressive, You have an overpair and BDFD (althoug a weak one).

I do not like UTG+2 in all of this. Any reads on him? I'm not sure why he is hanging in there. Because he is overcalling I would play the turn and the river the same (flame me!)

11-23-2005, 09:15 AM
Grunch:

I'm only cold calling pf with JJ - even at a loose table.

I think I raise on the flop, but probably only call the 3 bet.

I raise again on the turn, but fold a 3 bet. The A on the riv is a puking call card.

All in all, I think you were too aggressive early, and a little passive late. 2 callers to a turn raise is the missing defining moment for this hand.

11-23-2005, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

i think i'd put in 1 more on the turn. i'm not giving credit for a set given those stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may also give you the option of a cheap showdown when the A falls on the river.

@bsolute_luck
11-23-2005, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm only cold calling pf with JJ - even at a loose table.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif/images/graemlins/shocked.gif/images/graemlins/shocked.gif/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

jrz1972
11-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Looks fine to me. Capping the flop is normal against this kind of opponent, especially considering he didn't cap preflop (suggesting he doesn't have a bigger overpair).

Raising the turn is a possibility. You would not do this against an unknown, but this particular villain obviously overplays his hands. If it were HU I would not raise since I'd be risking two bets to win one (assuming villain slows down with the stuff I beat while 3-betting the stuff that beats me). With the limper, who is likely drawing, trapped between us, the raise is more tempting. It's close and I'm fine with a call down.

The river is obvious. You have to show this hand down.

jrz1972
11-23-2005, 09:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This may also give you the option of a cheap showdown when the A falls on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This particular villain doesn't seem like the sort you want to try this against. You're often getting 3-bet, and I don't think you can fold to it against this guy.

11-23-2005, 09:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This particular villain doesn't seem like the sort you want to try this against. You're often getting 3-bet, and I don't think you can fold to it against this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the overlay from UTG+2 made it worthwhile in the times it fails. But point taken.

WalkAmongUs
11-23-2005, 10:02 AM
i liked playing it this way. I wasn't too fond of the A coming on the end and I was pretty sure that card was the nail in my coffin. Villain flipped over A7o. Yay.

I liked pushing on the flop because i had a BDFD. Had I not had the J of clubs, do you guys think a flop cap would have still been correct? Or just bet/call a 3-bet?

11-23-2005, 10:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I liked pushing on the flop because i had a BDFD. Had I not had the J of clubs, do you guys think a flop cap would have still been correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. I don't think the BDFD changes that much. In fact I <u>fear</u> a club on the turn putting me in between UTG+1, who likes his hand, and UTG+2, with a completed flush. The good thing about the J/images/graemlins/club.gif being in your hand is that it is one less out for the flush draw.

jrz1972
11-23-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I liked pushing on the flop because i had a BDFD. Had I not had the J of clubs, do you guys think a flop cap would have still been correct? Or just bet/call a 3-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the J-high BDFD changes anything. That's a super-weak backdoor draw.

11-23-2005, 11:07 AM
:grunch: The villan is so laggy. The flop cap looks good to me. I would have raised the turn.

If he keeps up the aggresion, I would call the reraise, call the river bet, and find out he spiked his A with AJ clubs.

If he calls the raise, I would check/call the river because of the A (a little MUBS on my part maybe).

EDIT after reading other posts: Nice! No MUBS!