PDA

View Full Version : Completing from the SB

IGMorton
11-23-2005, 02:17 AM
I'm curious whether it's worthwhile to complete in the SB after limpers with weakish offsuit hands.

If it's just 1 limper in front of you, do you complete with A4o-A7o, K8o, K9o, QTo, QJo, JTo? or do you raise these? i'm inclined not to raise since i'm out of position. Completing seems to gain more information. If the BB doesn't raise i usually know that if i flop top pair i'm probably ahead.

How about the really weak high card hands? do you want more limpers to be willing to complete with A2o, A3o, K7o, K6o, Q8o, Q9o or do more limpers make you more inclined to fold?

Monty Cantsin
11-23-2005, 02:40 AM
Depends a lot on the blind structure.

/mc

IGMorton
11-23-2005, 02:47 AM
SB = 1/2 BB

ArturiusX
11-23-2005, 02:54 AM
Just use your head.

You have a very loose limper, and a tight BB, A6o might be a raise, or a tight limper and a loose BB I might just fold it.

Think of the odds, tinker a bit, see if you can get EV situations for yourself.

11-23-2005, 02:56 AM
with one limper, i mostly raise out of the sb if i'm going to play. whether or not i want to run with a weak ace here is dependent on the players involved. i will simply complete if i hold a weaker speculative hand like a small pocket pair or j8s.

with two or more limpers, i'm getting at least 7:1 and therefore will complete with any 2 suited, offsuit connectors down to 56o, and some weaker high-card holdings.