PDA

View Full Version : Bottom set, drawy board, huge pot, crazy action. Turn.

JerseyTom
11-23-2005, 01:38 AM
I know this is 6-max, but a nice huge multiway family pot fits better in this forum.

Second hand at the table so no reads yet.

I think pre-flop and flop are pretty standard.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: JerseyTom is SB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG (poster) raises</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, JerseyTom calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, JerseyTom calls.

Flop: (18 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">JerseyTom bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">JerseyTom caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (19 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">JerseyTom bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises all-in ($5.84)</font>, JerseyTom...?

Not sure about cold-calling vs capping here. Even if my cap gets two callers, am I ahead more than 1/3 of the time here? Is it close?

I think it's pretty clear that I should lead the river if I improve, check-call otherwise. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Tom

gharp
11-23-2005, 01:44 AM
I'm capping. This board isn't that drawy. I think the best argument for cold-calling is that you might get to raise the river.

TripleH68
11-23-2005, 02:14 AM
UTG posted, raised pf, smooth called through the flop, then wakes up on the turn?

THE POT IS HUGE!

No reason to slow down on the turn.

TheMainEvent
11-23-2005, 02:15 AM
I'm calling because I think UTG is capping anyways so the same number of bets is going in but at least this way you can be pretty sure of trapping BB in the middle rather than pushing him out. Perhaps I assume too much though.

MrWookie47
11-23-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm calling because I think UTG is capping anyways so the same number of bets is going in but at least this way you can be pretty sure of trapping BB in the middle rather than pushing him out. Perhaps I assume too much though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm just calling here. I am not even sure if we can raise if we fill up. UTG's post-PFR cold call bears a resemblance to KK.

@bsolute_luck
11-23-2005, 08:45 AM
i'm with wookie. looks like a goofy slowplayed higher set- KK or TT or QJ for the straight. he cold calls all that flop and wakes up on a 6?!

pot is too big to assume the worst from a new player. call down.

11-23-2005, 09:46 AM
Button could have anything, as players down to their last chips often do this with any pair.

That turn raise from nowhere could mean AK, AA, QQ, or the aforementioned TT, KK, QJ. It seems you're about 50% vs the UTG's range of hands, so I'd call down, keeping the BB in the hand.