PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play this another way?

JimRivett
07-01-2003, 12:24 PM
Hawaiian Gardens, 15/30

Haven't been playing much lately and when I wandered in the other day I was greeted by some of the locals and asked where I had been. They obviously miss my donations.

I post after the button in seat 4, very first hand, utg+1 (seat 9) raises, folded to seat 2 who calls, folded to me. I three bet with Qd Qs. Folded back to seat 9 who caps, seat 2 and I call. I don't know either of the other two players. Three of us see a flop of -

3 6 9 rainbow.

Utg+1 bets, seat 2 raises (5 chips) all in, I three bet, utg+1 calls. Two of us and an allin.

Turn is a black 2, for a board of

3 6 9 2

Utg+1 checks, I bet, he calls.

River is another 3. For a board of

3 6 9 2 3

Utg+1 checks, I bet, he calls.

I show my queens, he shows pocket kings.

The all in shows pocket 3's.

I realize that on the surface this hand is quite straight forward, however because of my lack of play lately I'm wondering if I missed something. Early position cap and the raise on the turn?

My question is did I overplay my queens? I felt that the allin player was going all in no matter what he had thus my flop 3 bet. Plus I felt good when utg+1 didn't cap the flop.

btw Hawaiian Gardens paid out 9 bad bet jackpots while I was there, 4 in a three hour period. The jackpot pay out had to be close to $100,000, and no I did not participate in any of them.

Regards, Jim

bigfishead
07-01-2003, 12:35 PM
I can only see saving 1 SB. On the flop. When he caps from EP pre-flop, I start thinking what hands can he cap with that I can beat. Well usually I cant think of any in this spot so I just call thru the end.

Tommy Angelo
07-02-2003, 11:51 AM
Hi Jim,

After all the raising preflop, and especially at the moment of the threebet on the flop, I would expect to have some speck of physical information to help me decide whether to check-behind on the turn. After betting the turn and not getting checkraised, I would definitely bet the river too. I think your reraise on the flop is better than just calling. I don't think you should have lost any less.

Tommy

Georgia Peach
07-03-2003, 09:57 PM
I think the utg+1 person needs to be asking him/herself some questions. Caps the betting before the flop and then gets tentative. Why would he limp the rest of the way? The board was certainly tame enough unless he thought you were the type to play trash and flopped two pair.

Who would have thought all-in had a pair of 3s. It sure sounded like a "WTF, I'm all in" type of bet.