PDA

View Full Version : Check behind river?

beavens
11-23-2005, 01:13 AM
no reads, villian is 32/12 over only 50 hands

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

BB ($22.15)
UTG ($11.80)
Hero ($27.70)
CO ($61.65)
Button ($40.35)
SB ($24.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.25) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, CO calls $1, SB folds, BB calls $1, UTG folds.

Turn: ($4.25) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, CO folds, BB calls $3.

River: ($10.25) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $10.25

what would you guys do on the river?

11-23-2005, 01:16 AM
I probably check behind...anyone who has you beat will call, and there aren't toooo many hands that you can extract much more out of.

If I'm ahead, I'm happy taking whats in the pot, if I'm behind, I'm happy not betting anymore (since it would get called).

beavens
11-23-2005, 01:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably check behind...anyone who has you beat will call, and there aren't toooo many hands that you can extract much more out of.

If I'm ahead, I'm happy taking whats in the pot, if I'm behind, I'm happy not betting anymore (since it would get called).

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i figured.. he's only calling with hands that i usually can't beat - and AT isn't exactly a powerhouse.

11-23-2005, 01:27 AM
Yea i check behind, cant see what your really beating here that would call your vb and looks like a weird line if he had Ax. Probably a play that will save you money in the long term.

beavens
11-23-2005, 02:20 AM
glad you guys agreed with me.. everything worked out as i hoped. not the most tricky hand, but i was a little unsure:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

BB ($22.15)
UTG ($11.80)
Hero ($27.70)
CO ($61.65)
Button ($40.35)
SB ($24.75)

Preflop: Hero is MP with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.10.
UTG calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.25) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, CO calls $1, SB folds, BB calls $1, UTG folds.

Turn: ($4.25) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, CO folds, BB calls $3.

River: ($10.25) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $10.25

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 9d Ac (one pair, aces).
Hero has Ts Ad (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins $10.25. </font>

FreakDaddy
11-23-2005, 02:23 AM
Fold pre-flop. Check behind on the river is fine here.

beavens
11-23-2005, 02:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you always folding ATo limped to OOP?

IbrakeFORrivers
11-23-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i dunno about folding pre-flop... i'd seriously (non-sarcastically) be interesting in hearing your rationale...

As far as the river goes, for a hand that value, with that many people involved, the pot far exceeds, in my opinion, the value of that hand... i like the check on the river...

FreakDaddy
11-23-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm either folding or raising OOP, depending on the table. With one limp, and if the table was juicy, I'd raise here to attempt to isolate and play cautiously if called from behind. This is a hand you're winning a little or losing a decent amount (hopefully you can get away from big pots against higher kicker).

beavens
11-23-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm either folding or raising OOP, depending on the table. With one limp, and if the table was juicy, I'd raise here to attempt to isolate and play cautiously if called from behind. This is a hand you're winning a little or losing a decent amount (hopefully you can get away from big pots against higher kicker).

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm.. i try to stay away from raising OOP with a marginal hand like this (even if it is to isolate).

but if i did raise and hit top pair, i would definitely not be married to it, and would toss it at any sign of serious aggression.