PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on this stock?

11-23-2005, 01:11 AM
Now as a trader i really don't look at all the different metrics that make a sound investment(i get jittery holding overnight!)

Well stock i'm looking at is GEECF (trades on the Otcbb around .90) according to their press releases they are to do 250+ mil in sales and expect to reach 4 bil in sales in a few from what i can remember.

Thing that confuses me though is that they filed to deregister 2x their common stock but it still trades?

tek
11-23-2005, 05:09 PM
Here's my opinion. Playing pink sheet stocks is worse than overcalling with 7 2 off in early position...

Sniper
11-23-2005, 06:15 PM
ff,

[ QUOTE ]
i get jittery holding overnight!

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you imagine, if you had to wait until the morning to see the river card /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Well stock i'm looking at is GEECF

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that the company selling biosphere's, that hasn't built one yet?

A quick review of their latest 8K filing shows, their last deal was with some Nigerian clerk that needed some assistance moving some money out of the country /images/graemlins/wink.gif

By the way, their corporate website is down!

[ QUOTE ]
according to their press releases they are to do 250+ mil in sales and expect to reach 4 bil in sales in a few from what i can remember.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they planning to buyout PartyGaming?

[ QUOTE ]
Thing that confuses me though is that they filed to deregister 2x their common stock but it still trades?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a foreign stock, are you referring to its Rule 12g3–2(b) filings for exemption from registration and reporting requirements?

DesertCat
11-23-2005, 06:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There are significant uncertainties with regard to the Company's ability to generate sufficient cash flows from operations or other sources to meet and fund its commitments with regard to existing liabilities and recurring expenses. The Company intends to finance its future operations from the proceeds of a subscription agreement for the sale of shares of common stock and an additional letter of credit obtained from the lender (see Note 14). These factors, along with the uncertainty expressed in Note 9, raise substantial doubt about the Company's ability to continue as a going concern.

[/ QUOTE ]

All you need to do is read the latest 10Q and 10ks. I found the above quote from the last 10Q. Skimming it I saw more red flags and hair than at a 1960's yippie rally. I spend a lot of time on the pink sheets, which means I have to hold my nose to read many of the filings. Occasionally you find a gem that makes it all worthwhile, this one looks more former than latter (i.e. more stinky than sparkly).

A lot of small companies are doing reverse splits (to reduce their shareholder list) so they no longer have to file reports with the SEC. Sometimes they do it to save expenses, esp. with all the new Sarbannes Oxley requirements. Sometimes they just don't want the scrutiny. But even if they've "gone dark", often the remaining shares will still trade on the pink sheets.

11-23-2005, 09:47 PM
yeah they sell biosphere's (you heard of them before?)....says in the pr they have 12 wks to deliver so guess i'll take the wait and see approach....yeah i saw their website was down wonder if it is something recent or if a signal that its a pos /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Desertcat
they are on the otcbb not pinks so they have to file their 10q or they get delisted to pinks, which doesn't make sense(in august they were were removed but then added 4 days later so i assume they'd have to file by end of yr) their last 10q was filed in april....as with the going private transactions most of them that file for this are regional banks tho i've seen a few that weren't and they have to get their shareholder count under 300 to delist. heres a nice chart of a serial r/s offender (i think this is the worst one)

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/charts/...1&rand=8658 (http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/charts/big.chart?symb=pccn&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9 &uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=2 143256&style=320&time=13&freq=2&nosettings=1&rand= 8605&mocktick=1&rand=8658)