PDA

View Full Version : KK hand

Unabridged
11-23-2005, 12:28 AM
$25 PLO - 9 players

UTG: VILLIAN ( $23.70 )
HERO ( $39.50 )
VIL2 ( $21.75 )

Dealt to HERO 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
VILLIAN calls [$0.25].
1 fold
GR1Meval raises [$1.10].
1 fold
VIL2 calls [$1.10].
3 folds
VILLIAN calls [$0.85].
** Dealing Flop ** A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
VILLIAN checks.
HERO bets [$3.50].
VIL2 folds
VILLIAN calls [$3.50].
** Dealing Turn ** J/images/graemlins/club.gif
VILLIAN checks.
HERO ???

BluffTHIS!
11-23-2005, 12:44 AM
Even if he had a bigger stack, you should bet again. You shouldn't let him hit a rag kicker for free and you have position to see how he reacts to any river card (where he had a bigger stack). In a case with deeper stacks where you get checkraised then you should fold since you are only drawing to 2 outs and your betting again after he called should make it clear you also have an ace. In this case though, a bet by you on the turn will almost set him in. You should just do that and live with the results so that you don't give a free card in the cases where you are ahead. He can only only checkraise you then another $3 or so, so you would be correct everytime calling to spike a K, or in the case of his having JJ, another A.

Unabridged
11-23-2005, 02:12 AM
yeah i definitely want to bet so he doesn't get a free card, but how much?

if i pot it for $10, he'll have about $7 left. and i'll feel like i have to call if he pushes on the river

11-23-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

if i pot it for $10, he'll have about $7 left. and i'll feel like i have to call if he pushes on the river

[/ QUOTE ]

So, what do you do when you throw out a half pot bet and he C/Rs all-in on the turn? Does he have it? Or is he just smelling weakness and trying to blow you off the pot?

Or, he simply calls the half-pot bet, you don't fill up on the river and he pushes into you. Again, against a good aggressive opponent you won't be certain of what this means.

The fewer tough decisions that you have to make, the fewer times you can be wrong. You are likely ahead at this point. Pot the turn, call any C/R from the shortie, call a push on the river or check behind if you don't fill. If he was slow-rolling you or fills on the river, make a note, reload and collect on the loan (being sure to extract a little interest) at a later date.

Unabridged
11-23-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, what do you do when you throw out a half pot bet and he C/Rs all-in on the turn? Does he have it? Or is he just smelling weakness and trying to blow you off the pot?

Or, he simply calls the half-pot bet, you don't fill up on the river and he pushes into you. Again, against a good aggressive opponent you won't be certain of what this means.

The fewer tough decisions that you have to make, the fewer times you can be wrong. You are likely ahead at this point. Pot the turn, call any C/R from the shortie, call a push on the river or check behind if you don't fill. If he was slow-rolling you or fills on the river, make a note, reload and collect on the loan (being sure to extract a little interest) at a later date.

[/ QUOTE ]

well thats the way i ended up playing it, i was just wondering if i could have done anything different.

Results:
I pot the turn, he calls. River comes 2/images/graemlins/club.gif. He pushes, I call. He flips JJ