PDA

View Full Version : The first time I played with Tomer Benvenisti

TomCollins
11-23-2005, 12:20 AM
I was playing 2/5 NL at the Mirage. It was being played 9 handed on a stud table. We had the 9 seat open, and eventually this mountain of a man took it. The guy in the 8 wasn't too small either. Fortunately, I was in the 5 seat, so I didn't get squished too much. But wow, it was a tight fit.

Anyway, this guy just looks so familiar, and is joking around with the regulars. I just couldn't figure out who it was. So I am staring at the dude, and he catches me, and I think "crap, that guy probably thinks I'm staring at him for being so fat", so I turn away and don't really look at him much more. About 10 hands later, I hear "Tomer, 40/80, Tomer". He racks up and leaves. Then I realized where I knew him.

The end.

whiskeytown
11-23-2005, 12:35 AM
I played with him the first time I played that Bellagio $540 tourney - back when it was just twice a week - Maureen Feduziak and Suzie Issacs were there playing it too, I think.

I think the Bellagio $540 on Wed. was the place to spot a few quick TV stars back before they became daily. Can't say for sure anymore. I know management went out of their way to make sure Erik Pallidino got an alternate seat.

RB

Vincent Lepore
11-23-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that guy probably thinks I'm staring at him for being so fat",

[/ QUOTE ]

You really are a good guy Tom. Did you get this from your parents or your idol?

Vince

DeadMoneyOC
11-23-2005, 01:08 AM
I bet you couldnt wait to get home and tell your kids how you played poker with the great TOMER

TomCollins
11-23-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I bet you couldnt wait to get home and tell your kids how you played poker with the great TOMER

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I'm telling my grandkids that I stole his blinds. He dropped $7 at the table, hope he can afford it!

TomCollins
11-23-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You really are a good guy Tom. Did you get this from your parents or your idol?

Vince

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince,

I mean no disrespect to Tomer, but he is a very very large man. In fact, he may be the only person I've seen who's neck is wider than his head. Not sure what you are talking about with my idol.

Tom

Vincent Lepore
11-23-2005, 04:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I mean no disrespect to Tomer

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. I guess I'm the one that used Tomer to make fun of Smoothcalls post and then I must have said the following.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you meant no disrespect. I get it. Your idol is no longer posting here so I will retract that part of my statement.

Vince

Smoothcall
11-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Tom are you jealous because people like my posts? Do you miss the limelight? I'm sorry but some are leaders and some are just followers. You are a follower. Now go follow your way back to your idol and tell him what a bad boy you were on 2+2. Maybe he will say good job and then you can think he likes you. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TomCollins
11-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Hey, I had a funny story. If you didn't want to read it, don't read it.

Not sure what this has to do with PP, other than the fact that I enjoy his posts and humor. The fact that you call him my idol is laughable. I Carlos Mencia my idol because I enjoy watching his show?

shant
11-23-2005, 01:58 PM
Tom, be careful. The elderly of this forum are very sensitive.

11-23-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tom, be careful. The elderly of this forum are very sensitive.

[/ QUOTE ]
And be afraid. Be very afraid. For we are stealthy, wily and have much experience to draw upon. Our hard won knowledge has earned us many victories. That is the secret to our becoming elderly.

/images/graemlins/smile.gif