PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an Omaha8 coach

TStoneMBD
11-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Hello guys, I'm looking for someone to coach me playing Omaha8. Feel free to message me your price in hourly rate and we can go from there. I would like to record myself 4tabling Omaha8 and have you download the video and point out mistakes in my play by following along in a .txt file.

I am a total Omaha newbie but am very experienced in limit holdem. If you would like to do a video exchange where you watch my Omaha videos and I watch your Limit Holdem videos we can probably work that out depending on your skill level.

It's hard for me to guage which players are the more skilled ones on this forum because I never come here so I'll be more likely to trust your level of play based on post count. When messaging me your hourly rate if you'd like you can include a screenshot of your BB/100 to verify that you're a solid player.

I'm not necessarily looking for someone making huge money playing Omaha. If you're a 2BB/100+ prerakeback player at the 3/6 level then I can probably learn alot from you. I'd probably prefer a coach at this level because he would naturally cost less and would be able to point out most of the mistakes I make as a higher limit player would.

If you message me to make an offer I'll take a look at your posts to see if I like what you have to say.

Also, if anyone wants to reply to this thread to locate me to a known Omaha8 coach with reasonable pricing I'd appreciate that as well. Any tips are welcomed.

xtingshun
11-23-2005, 09:53 PM
First of all, I'm newer to 2+2 and mostly I just read posts and enjoy gaining info from others posts. I'm 24, and I've been playing regularly for the last 3 years. Mostly live. I live near Albuquerque, New Mexico and spend alot of time in the Omaha/8 4/8 game. Even some 5/10 PLO8 on occasion.

I recently finished my degree in graphic design and do freelance photojournalism.

I'm really wanting to concentrate on my on poker and start playing online seriously.

I have been a consistent winner in Omaha/8 in live play.

I think instead of paying a coach, we could work together. You could give me some coaching at limit hold em(esp. internet) and I could give you my knowledge on Omaha/8. Then you can take what I can provide you and move onto a professional coach if need be?

PM If your interested.

Chip

11-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Those movies are pretty sweet, what software are you using to record them?

TStoneMBD
11-23-2005, 11:56 PM
i use camstudio. i am releasing a website soon which will be www.pokeravi.com. (http://www.pokeravi.com.) you can upload and download videos of yourself on that server entirely free of charge. when it releases there will be a tutorial for creating videos. id love to get people uploading nonholdem games especially omaha.

TGoldman
11-24-2005, 01:12 AM
I'm a winning limit Omaha/8 player, but I never made it past 2/4 before I picked up pot-limit and decided I prefer pot-limit Omaha/8 better. I'm by no means an expert, so I wouldn't feel right charging you since I'm still learning myself. I would be happy to record myself playing or whatever if I was given the tools. Also, I would suggest that the best way for you to learn would be to purchase a copy of PokerTracker Omaha, and then offer a winning O8 player ~$20 or so for a copy of their PTO database. Then you can watch and learn. I would offer mine, but purged all of my limit hands and I only have pot-limit left.

DrewOnTilt
11-24-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would suggest that the best way for you to learn would be to purchase a copy of PokerTracker Omaha, and then offer a winning O8 player ~$20 or so for a copy of their PTO database. Then you can watch and learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

THat's an interesting idea, but I'd be a bit hesitant about asking a stranger to sell me their PT database. Has this been done before, I assume?

TGoldman
11-24-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
THat's an interesting idea, but I'd be a bit hesitant about asking a stranger to sell me their PT database. Has this been done before, I assume?

[/ QUOTE ]
I sold ~60,000 hands of me playing 2/4 limit Hold'em to someone about a year ago. The best way to do it is to export every single hand into a hundred or so text file chunks of 200 hands each. You can then zip the text files up and they compress quite nicely. Send them to the person who then creates a new PT database and runs one super long import session. After that's done, he'll have every single hand ever played by the person for his viewing pleasure.

donger
11-24-2005, 05:02 AM
Tstone- you should start posting your limit O8 hands you have questions about into this forum. There really isn't much going on here, LO8-wise. I've been playing a ton of LO8 myself lately and maybe the two of us could stimulate some discussion.

I could help you out with the coaching thing if you're interested. I'm not the world's greatest LO8 player, but I'm killing the lower limits and feel like I understand the game's fundamentals pretty well. You've always been forthcoming with the holdem advice when we talk on IRC, and I wouldn't mind returning the favor.