PDA

View Full Version : 5+1 vs. 10+1

Buccaneer
11-22-2005, 11:34 PM
A week ago I posted here asking about if there was much difference in 5 and 10 tourneys. You guys said not much. I have played in many of them and found that this is correct. The main difference that I have found is that the bubble is a little harder to get past.

I seem to get to the bubble with more T$$$ than the fives but it seems not to make the bubble break any easier and I have found that when you are down to 4 or 5 the stacks tend to equalize more than the fives.

Other than my time and snatching blinds what do you suggest to make penatrating the bubble easier.

fluorescenthippo
11-22-2005, 11:43 PM
people call all ins on the bubble at the 5s with T3o, people call all ins on the bubble at the 10s with T3s.

Buccaneer
11-23-2005, 12:20 AM
lol

11-23-2005, 01:04 AM
I pretty much play sit n go's exclusively. Mostly $5 and $10 tourney's. The only thing you need to have is PATIENCE!
It is very simple. I know people always preach tight/aggressive but it is 100 times more important in low limit sit n go's. The play in these types of tourneys is very poor. There are so many new players joining sites daily and they all seem to enter the single table tourney's. I have seen some play recently that is just plain terrible. Of course I really don't mind /images/graemlins/smile.gif My basic strategy is to play only PREMIUM hands, mid/high suited connectors and will occasionally see flops with marginal hands if the preflop pot is right. I hardly ever bluff because I will most likely get called by middle pair or flush draw or gutshot that always seems to hit. I am very very tight but aggressive. When I hit my flops I usually can move in a get a ridiculous call and double up. It is very simple. Let other players eliminate themselves. I almost always make it to the top 4 unless I suffer a very bad beat. (by the way, if you do suffer a bad beat, just say good game and leave the table or sit there and be quiet and take notes on the players. Dont be the table coach and try to correct someones play. You are trying to take their money not make them better) Once I get to the bubble, if I have a medium to large stack the strategy is the same. Let the other 3 players battle it out and put you in the money. Even if I finish 3rd I still show a profit. On the other hand if I get to the bubble as the short stack I get very aggressive so I don't get blinded out. Again, if my stack gets into the average range I become conservative again. All in all, it ALL comes down to patience! I have been very successful and almost always show a daily profit. I don't even touch cash games because of this. Remember one thing... The buy in might be low.. but the smart/tight/aggressive/PATIENT player will show a very high profit. The players in these tourneys are terrible. Just be patient and you will be successful...
GOOD LUCK