PDA

View Full Version : Evaluating a losing session

memphis
07-01-2003, 11:08 AM
I had a bad night last night losing 27BB in around 150 hands playing microlimits (.25/.50) on pokerstars. I am trying to figure out what went wrong.

Looking over my hand history I see a few hands that I stayed in too long and I definitely went on tilt at the very end. Other than that I don't think I played that badly, but I am not sure how to prove if that is the case, or if I am just kidding myself.

Is there a process you guys use after a losing session to determine if you were playing badly, or if the cards were just against you that night.

Thanks

SittingBull
07-01-2003, 03:55 PM
NORMAL in microlimit cyberspace. Remember,there are 11/2 to 2 times as many hands dealt in cyberspace as there are at a B&M.
Unless U are FREQUENTLY losing 40BB or more per session,there is NO reason to be concerned.
Just continue to play a solid game--U are playing a "solid game"???
Let the statistical nature of the game work its way thru. U do have a bankroll of at least 300BB,don't u??
HappyPokering, /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
SittingBull

rayrns
07-01-2003, 05:33 PM
You are already doing something to help, asking yourself questions. Lets see: tilt(10BB), staying in a few hands to long (5BB)for a total of 15BB. Subtract that from your losing 27BB and you lost 12BB. That wouldn't be to hard on a night if the cards are cold. When checking your hand history check the position you were in when you played. If you have played any out of position you may be able to deduct a couple more BB.
I also play on PS at .25/.50 and a little at .50/1.00 under the same name I post with here. If you see me say hi!

Pirc Defense
07-04-2003, 12:28 PM
Hey, memphis

Same thing happened to me, in that I had a 26 BB loss and wondered how it happened. I'm in the process of posting every significant hand from that session on the Small Limit Forum, in the hopes that the reason(s) for my loss becomes clear (on hiatus for now as I'm visiting my parents and their computer can't read my disk!).

There are some smart people here that can point out where you played poorly or otherwise.