PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Standard I Guess

QTip
11-22-2005, 10:46 PM
Table sucks. There's one reason we're all here, and he's sitting in the CO chair.

MP2, is decent but rather laggy. He's been raising very light at these stages in the orbit in this game in an obvious attempt to isolate himself with the fish.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

River: (9 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks

Nick C
11-22-2005, 10:51 PM
If MP2 has ATo and gives up, then that sucks, but I'd be trying for a checkraise here. There's a lot of potential reward if you get to checkraise, and a river lead might not have gotten paid off very well anyway.

istewart
11-22-2005, 10:53 PM
Preflop looks rather marginal, at best, to me.

As for the river, I THINK I like it based on your read - How laggy? Is he paying off a check/raise with jacks here? Is he betting AQ? - but I could easily be convinced betting is better. I'd hate for no bets to go in with the nuts /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

krimson
11-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Nice hand. River check is definitely worth the small risk of it getting checked through, given the extra value you extract off CO.

QTip
11-22-2005, 11:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice hand. River check is definitely worth the small risk of it getting checked through, given the extra value you extract off CO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had decided to bet a 9 and c/r a 4.

The c/r did work, and both MP and CO called for 2, and I took a nice pot.

MP had K9 (so my river lead may have really gotten juicy), and CO had 55 (and now you know why we were all there).

tpir90036
11-23-2005, 01:26 AM
River check is sick. I hope you got to bomb it.

Preflop I am not so sure about. I doubt that it's a bigmistake...but I think I would fold there, which might be wrong and something I should think about.

SNOWBALL138
11-23-2005, 02:16 AM
I don't understand this preflop call. Do you think you can make him lay down after the flop. Whats his WTSD%? Even if the raiser will let you push him around, what about CO? If raiser folds postflop, won't this embolden CO to stick around with his pocket pair?

11-23-2005, 03:21 AM
preflop call is standard.
i'd pump that flop after it's bet-call-call back to you.

toss
11-23-2005, 06:04 AM
On the flop I would checkraise for value unless I MP2 is going to 3-bet a lot.

River is nice. Trapping two in a river checkraise makes my pants happy.

PF is meh.

spydog
11-23-2005, 08:12 AM
Preflop: Good. 7:1 with an unsuited connector is plenty.

Flop: I like.

Turn: No brainer.

River: I checkraise any non-heart 9 or 4. Otherwise, I lead.

@bsolute_luck
11-23-2005, 09:11 AM
so preflop is goot? what is the minimum need to make this call profitable? usually i fold offsuit this low. 89 is about as low as i go.

11-23-2005, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MP had K9 (so my river lead may have really gotten juicy), and CO had 55 (and now you know why we were all there).

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wanted to hear your thoughts on why you would bet on on a 9 but c/r when a 4 hit.

QTip
11-23-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wanted to hear your thoughts on why you would bet on on a 9 but c/r when a 4 hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 4 is a lot less scary to villain than a 9 is. A nine is three to a straight and can make a 2 pair for a lot of hands. Those are my thoughts.

Michael Emery
11-23-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm not sure I like the preflop call with an unsuited connector this low. I myself would have just folded. On the flop I couldnt help but raise when its bet-call-call back to me. Any reason why you chose not to this specific hand? Were you afraid of getting three-bet and losing the two in the middle? I really like a flop raise here.

Mike Emery

QTip
11-23-2005, 10:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I like the preflop call with an unsuited connector this low. I myself would have just folded. On the flop I couldnt help but raise when its bet-call-call back to me. Any reason why you chose not to this specific hand? Were you afraid of getting three-bet and losing the two in the middle? I really like a flop raise here.

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering why some didn't talk more about not c/ring the flop. Here are my thoughts.

There is, of course, some value to be had there since we're only putting in 25% of the money at this point. However, being first to act, this puts us in a weird situation for future streets, when we can't use a free card. When we c/r and then check the turn, villain is now thinking about what drawing hands we may have and may get more cautious on bigger streets where we can c/r.

The other big thing is that, as you said, a 3 bet would be the reponse here a very large number of times.

Edit: I failed to mention as well that a 9 or any heart can put me in some serious redraw situations or a made flush.

11-23-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so preflop is goot? what is the minimum need to make this call profitable? usually i fold offsuit this low. 89 is about as low as i go.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]

I was wondering why some didn't talk more about not c/ring the flop. Here are my thoughts.

There is, of course, some value to be had there since we're only putting in 25% of the money at this point. However, being first to act, this puts us in a weird situation for future streets, when we can't use a free card. When we c/r and then check the turn, villain is now thinking about what drawing hands we may have and may get more cautious on bigger streets where we can c/r.

The other big thing is that, as you said, a 3 bet would be the reponse here a very large number of times.

Edit: I failed to mention as well that a 9 or any heart can put me in some serious redraw situations or a made flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have check-raised the flop, too, because I'm not smart enough to think this through like this during a hand... or even afterwards for that matter.

nfscreech
11-23-2005, 11:15 AM
It's true that when you miss the turn, your hand may become somewhat transparent when you check. However, someone may also be worried that you're going for another c/r, and the turn may get checked through.

Also, we will occassionally hit the turn and our hand will be somewhat disguised. And while we will be open to redraws if a nine hits (and to a much lesser extent a heart), I don't think that matters all that much given the amount of equity we would have. This pot is somewhat big now, and we will be hard pressed to protect ourselves from redraws regardless of the flop action.

I also don't think we're getting 3-bet here all that often. And even if we do, the fish might come along anyway. Then when we check the turn, our hand is not as transparent as you are worried it might be if everyone calls and we miss. We also somewhat benefit when we get 3-bet in the sense that those redraws we may be exposed to when we hit the turn are less likely if 1/2 of our opponents ends up folding.

There are benefits to calling, and benefits to raising this flop. All in all, they seem to somewhat cancel each other out. For this reason, I'm pushing my immediate equity edge on this flop with a raise.