PDA

View Full Version : 2-7 TD: rough hand with a rough redraw

randomstumbl
11-22-2005, 10:45 PM
I've been looking for holes in my game lately because of a rather fun downswing. Here's a spot where my play is fairly suspect, but does have some merits.

My opponent is a very active opponent. He loves to cap or three bet to try to force a break and then draw himself. If he makes a 9 against a pat hand, he will do this close to 100% of the time. Anyway, what do you do on the turn?

Euri10's TD converter (http://membres.lycos.fr/euri10/td%20converter.html)

Hand number: 9654240-1797
Level: $5/$10
Players:
Hero($270) seat 2
BB($657) seat 4
Button($160) seat 5

Button at seat 5

Hero posts. BB posts.

Hand: 3/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Round 1(0.75BB)

Button raises. Hero re-raises. BB folds. Button calls. Hero takes 2. Button takes 2.

Hand: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gifA/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Round 2(3.25BB)

Hero bets. Button calls. Hero takes 1. Button takes 2.

Hand: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif5/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif9/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Round 3(4.25BB)

Hero bets. Button raises. Hero calls. Hero stands pat.

...so that's what I did. What would you do?

Soviet Exile
11-23-2005, 03:07 AM
Seems fine to me. He did draw two, and he is very aggro. I'd play it the same, although I would chuck the 9 after the first draw.

randomstumbl
11-23-2005, 04:12 PM
I think tossing the 9 is the standard play. I'm keeping it because my opponent draws rough sometimes and I felt like mixing up my play.

I think this is a spot where it's reasonable to keep it some of the time.

Chris Daddy Cool
11-23-2005, 05:04 PM
keep in mind if your opponent is good you should probably keep the nine because if he sees you draw 2 again out of position he's going to make you pay for it.

handsome
11-29-2005, 07:23 PM
I don't like the Round 1 re-raise, mainly because you're OOP. The other streets are standard given your read.