PDA

View Full Version : overcalls or no??

11-22-2005, 10:38 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls, MP2 folds.

River: (16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB

eviljeff
11-22-2005, 10:45 PM
I think the flop call is close, the turn call is fine, and the BB's river 3bet doesn't scare me too much

Augster
11-22-2005, 11:00 PM
I'd 3-bet the flop. With the CO caught in between and MP2 betting into the raiser, I'd 3-bet the flop and hope MP3 caps.

Turn might be different. The way you played it, I like the overcalls on the turn. You allow them to TRY to make their trips, straight or flush.

Got lucky BB hit his house, which is always nice to have someone 3-bet you when you have quads.

nh.

11-22-2005, 11:01 PM
I think you've got to raise that turn. You've got two in already, and two behind. Raising will gain you at least two more BBs, and if the big blind or MP2 cold calls, fantastic. If MP3 re-raises, even more fantastic. In the absence of the raise, the two behind will often fold anyway, so you're forgoing a significant advantage for a small chance at a larger advantage. You're pretty lucky that the big blind sprung to life on the river; raise now while you've got 'em trapped and they still think the river might help them.

11-22-2005, 11:02 PM
Pre-flop call is a little loose, IMO, but moving past that...

Post-flop, I would jam this pot as much as possible. Some will say to smooth call the flop, with the intention of jamming it on the turn &amp; later, but I don't like that on a board with 3 to a straight. It's an obscure straight but people play anything on Party. Jam it on the flop, turn &amp; river.

There's no argument once you're quads come. Don't miss a bet or raise. You're turn isn't so hot looking.

Redd
11-22-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the flop call is close, the turn call is fine, and the BB's river 3bet doesn't scare me too much

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO the flop is a not particularily close 3-bet. The board is quite coordinated, and the pot is already quite large.

MrWookie47
11-22-2005, 11:17 PM
I think I'm raising at every opportunity.

A_K
11-22-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 3-bets don't scare much either when I'm holding the stone cold nuts. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Seriously, I three bet the flop and keep jamming from there. Given the action before you, you can hope for a call from MP2 and a cap from MP3

11-22-2005, 11:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm raising at every opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

On the flop, everyone behind is already facing 2 cold. Anyone calling 2, is calling 3.

On the turn, you've already got CO trapped. You've a lot more potential from raising than calling. Also, every possible hand that can call 1 bet at this point will certainly call 2.

I think you left a lot of dollars on the table.

istewart
11-22-2005, 11:39 PM
OMG RAISE IT. Somewhere, man!