PDA

View Full Version : Can I get away from this hand?

ObnxNole
11-22-2005, 10:29 PM
Playing 3 handed 20-20 NL on Eurobet. Hero has 3.5k to start the hand. Villain is over agressive p flop but plays well post flop. He has me covered. The other player is why we are at the table but he is not in on this hand.

Villain makes it $65 on the button. I pop it to $300 with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in the BB. Villain calls. HU to the flop with ~$730 in the pot.

Flop: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet $550. Villain calls. Pot is ~$1700

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif We both check.

River K /images/graemlins/heart.gif I bet $1000. Villain puts me all in for my last $1650. I puke in my mouth... /images/graemlins/frown.gifclose my eyes and call.

Can I get away from this hand on the river?

-ObnxNole-

scdavis0
11-22-2005, 11:43 PM
No way.

Think about it from villain's perspective. An overpair is a very likely hand for you to be checking the turn with -- going for the check raise all-in. Therefore if he flopped or turned a big hand he's almost certainly going to bet there to try to get all the money in the middle.

When you bet the river it looks a lot like a value/blocking bet. 99-QQ is very likely from his perspective, as is AK and AA. If he's sure that you can call only with those two hands, it's not a bad bluff.