PDA

View Full Version : Posting behind the button.

Peter
07-01-2003, 10:15 AM
Online 1-2 game.

New at the table, I post behind the button. I get Q /forums/images/icons/club.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/club.gif . Folded to me, I check as do both blinds.

Flop: 6 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif Q /forums/images/icons/spade.gif 3 /forums/images/icons/spade.gif

SB checks, BB bets, I don't really know how to play this, so I just call. SB folds.

Turn: Q /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

BB bets, I call. I figure I'm either way ahead or way behind.

River: 2 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

BB bets, I call, since this doesn't change anything.

Comments?

Peter

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-01-2003, 10:35 AM
Posting behind the button and it's folded to you, raise most of the time with any 2 cards. There's a good chance you'll win the blinds right there and if not, you'll have created a good table image.

On the flop, BB's bet can mean a lot of hands that don't include a Q. Raise. Now if he reraises you on the flop and bets out on the turn, you may have to give him credit for a better Q, but If he just calls your flop raise, ram and jam on the turn and if he's still around for the river check behind *only* if he check-called the turn. back-door flush isn't very probable, unless he has something like 5 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif 4 /forums/images/icons/diamond.gif

CrackerZack
07-01-2003, 10:54 AM
doesn't change anything unless he makes the flush or has 54 and was betting his open ender, then bet his now pair. Raise the flop and/or the turn.

hutz
07-01-2003, 10:59 AM
When it's folded to your CO post, you should raise almost every time. Even if you don't steal the blinds, a flop bet has a good chance of taking the pot.

In this hand, I'd have put in more action on the flop and/or turn, depending on how the other guy reacted.

Peter
07-01-2003, 04:00 PM
I agree I should have raised on either the flop or turn. I also agree I should have raised preflop. I actually think that was my biggest misstake in this hand, but probably that's too results oriented.
BB had Q2, for the rivered boat, so I guess I would only have gotten him out of the hand by raising preflop.

Peter