PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell am Isupposed to EAT?

TheDachshund
11-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Laeaving for vegas in a few weeks and we have everthing taken care of.....except dinner reservations. Where the hell am Isuppose to eat? Would like to make dinner reservation for three consecutive nights (Fri, Sat, Sun) but have no idea where to go, or what the "hot" spots are.

Anybody have any suggestions or personal favorites? Looking for ~25-50$$ per entree. Steak, seafood, french, anything really. Most importantly comfortable/fun atmosphere where we can get bombed and stuff our faces with great food.

Any ideas? Where do you like to go for a nice dinner in vegas? Would like to remain on/near the strip if possible.

I know this seems like it should be an easy question, but the fact is that Iam overwhelmed with the amount of restaurants in the area, and dont want to waste $$ at some "nice" restaurant that turns out to be overrated.

Thanks for any info ya can give me!

shant
11-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Craftsteak in the MGM.

JordanIB
11-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Chipotle.

joshman1204
11-22-2005, 08:46 PM
second this

M2d
11-22-2005, 08:53 PM
Hugo's in the 4 queens

Freakin
11-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Prime in the Bellagio

lapoker17
11-22-2005, 09:08 PM
Aureole - Mandalay Bay
Andres - Monte Carlo
Lutece - Venetian
Nobu - Hard Rock

noir
11-23-2005, 04:52 PM
My current picks:

Bouchon - Venezia Tower @ Venetian
Sensi - Bellagio
Border Grill - Mandalay

All of these places have excellent food, but I really dig the atmosphere at these spots. I certainly enjoy the occasional $500 meal, but when I'm in town I prefer food without too much fuss.

Each restaurant has a different culinary focus. Bouchon is Thomas Keller's take on bistro (and I really love the adjacent pool/garden area - a nice calm place away from the lights of the strip). Sensi is stylish but not stuffy and its menu comes from four different kitchens; so you can do a nice diverse course progression. Border Grill still seems to outshine the newer Mexican restaurants in town (Isla disappointed, and the reviews of Flay's joint have been so unfavorable that I don't think I'll go there). Plus, getting trashed is swell, but doing so on delicious herradura margaritas is art.

OtisTheMarsupial
11-23-2005, 10:24 PM
How about thai? It's not too far from the Strip.
Excellent food, great prices.
It's in a shady little part of town, but I've never been harassed much less had my car broken into or anything else like that.

It's called Lotus of Siam, it's on Sahara by the Cue Club, any taxi driver will know it, and it's the BEST.

Blarg
11-23-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chipotle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed.

Goddam OOT!

TheDachshund
11-25-2005, 12:25 AM
Thanks for all of the suggestions, Iwill check these places out. Chipotle is reserved for hungover lunches, is there one on the strip?

Thanks for the info

noir
11-25-2005, 02:09 AM
It's next to Harrah's, right across the Strip from the Mirage people movers.