PDA

View Full Version : SHH strategies in loose mid-limit games

Dominic
11-22-2005, 07:57 PM
sorry if this has been discussed before, I couldn't find it...

do you guys recommend using SHH strategies in these types of games, or are you using more HFAP strategies and less SSH?

I'm specifically talking about:

** raising mid-pair on the flop after an intial bet to get others behind you to fold.

** More often than not calling down a CR on the turn with an overpair and some decent "hidden" outs.

and so on....

It just seems that there's not much difference between the majority of these players and a $3-$6 game at the Orleans. What do you guys think?

BradL
11-22-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

** raising mid-pair on the flop after an intial bet to get others behind you to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the game and the particular opponents.

[ QUOTE ]
** More often than not calling down a CR on the turn with an overpair and some decent "hidden" outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the game and the particular opponent(s).

-Brad

MattiasL
11-23-2005, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
do you guys recommend using SHH strategies in these types of games, or are you using more HFAP strategies and less SSH?

[/ QUOTE ]
Which type of games? The SSH strategies are primarily designed for passive games. Once the play becomes more aggressive you should adapt.

2ndGoat
11-23-2005, 08:31 AM
There's nothing magical about the denomination of chips in play at a table. If the game fits the preconditions in SSH, go ahead and use concepts from there.
A friend who is very into martial arts tells me you don't master different styles and then use them in a vacuum, rather you would likely make use of different styles in the same fight. I think it's a pretty good anaology for poker- pull out the crouching tiger or hidden dragon (SSH or HEPFAP) as appropriate-depending on whether it's a loose/tight/passive/aggressive game, and whether loose/passive or tight/aggressive players have entered the pot already. Remember that both books are essentially explorations of the theory of poker given different opposition.

2nd