PDA

View Full Version : Top 2 on 3 card flush board

AcesUp2121
11-22-2005, 07:55 PM
Just sat down, stacks $200

Party $200 NL 6 max

UTG folds, I limp K /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif (horrible?), button limps, blinds check.

Flop: K /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Big blind leads for $5, I call, button calls.

Turn: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Big blind checks, I bet $15, button calls, BB folds.

River: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
I check with the intention of calling, Villain moves allin, I?

Been more of a full ring player but have lately messed around with 6 max. My thinking is K-10o needs to be raised or folded, most likely folded. I also think I should've raised the flop. Is my thinking incorrect for either of these? On the river I had planned on check/calling, but I wasn't expecting a push.

AcesUp2121
11-22-2005, 09:13 PM
Bump

MTBlue
11-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Check fold probably. Don't limp with KTo it'll just get you in trouble and if you do you should probably be folding this flop. The hand at least for me is too hard to play on this board. People love to trap with flushes so it will be hard to get the information needed to fold and if you get two or more callers you are most likely behind. As for the river the fact you have two pair doesn't change the position of your hand against the villains hand. He is either has a flush or a missed Ac and I can think of exactly one 200 regular who plays a missed Ac this way. Folding Preflop>Folding Flop> Folding River> Raising Flop> Calling River.

JFB37
11-22-2005, 09:22 PM
As it played out, who knows? There is no real way to evaluate, based on the info provided, whether he has you beat or not. It is quite possible that had something like A /images/graemlins/club.gifTx and sensed weakness with your river check and decided to blow you out.

KTo oop is a very tough hand to play. I would definately either raise or fold pf. In your situation, where I just sat down and don't know anything about the other players I would chuck it.