PDA

View Full Version : Where are you from, and what kind of socks do you wear?

11-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Situation: going to play ball at the park, to the gym etc.

I dont travel much, I get out to vegas, atlanta, and florida once in awhile, but one thing Ive noticed is the difference in the type of socks worn by people from around the country. Here in st. louis, NO ONE wears anything but ankle socks, in the south you see longer socks, wtf is with this? What do northeasterners wear?

jokerthief
11-22-2005, 07:33 PM
Wisconsin. White socks, halfway up calf.

Ankle socks are so lame that the engilsh language has yet to invent a pejoritive strong enough to describe it.

tonypaladino
11-22-2005, 07:33 PM
ankle socks with shorts, longer ones with pants. black socks with shoes.

swede123
11-22-2005, 07:34 PM
Apparently, German people wear anything but plain socks. One of my buddies in grad school was German and every single pair of socks of his had some sort of theme or a cartoon character or something. It was pretty goofy, and cause for much ridicule. Is this a common German thing or was it just him?

Swede

11-22-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ankle socks with shorts, longer ones with pants. black socks with shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, thats the norm here. Im mainly talking tennis shoes and shorts of any type...thats where the difference by region comes in. You are from NYC, I assume that this is protocol for most of the NE?

11-22-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Socks half way up the calf are so lame that the engilsh language has yet to invent a pejoritive strong enough to describe it.

[/ QUOTE ]

jokerthief
11-22-2005, 07:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Socks half way up the calf are so lame that the engilsh language has yet to invent a pejoritive strong enough to describe it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a retarded moran.

tdarko
11-22-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this comment is redundant. plus you are lame for thinking ankle socks are.

lapoker17
11-22-2005, 07:48 PM
socks are for funerals only.

tdarko
11-22-2005, 07:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
in the south you see longer socks, wtf is with this?

[/ QUOTE ]
this comment confused me, i have lived in the south all my life (texas) and i hardly ever see anything but sandles and ankle socks. i just figured the warmer the weather the lower the sock and the colder the weather the longer the sock.

11-22-2005, 07:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
this comment is redundant. plus you are lame for thinking ankle socks are.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the point of the thread. I was really curious as to what different parts of the country thought about this. Ie, if a wisconsiner ever moved to STL, they would never get laid if they walked around all day in calf high socks, and vice versa. There is that much prejudice/sockism.

SossMan
11-22-2005, 07:56 PM
With shorts and athletic shoes:
http://www.vegasgolfpros.com/images/products/socks/SOC10002_lg.jpg

when wearing slacks:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0007RFGG4.01-A1LEM297LNF1FK._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

but 90% of the time, when I'm not working, I'm wearing these:

http://shop.pacsun.com/wcsstore/pacsun/images/products/8798597_01_data.jpg

11-22-2005, 07:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in the south you see longer socks, wtf is with this?

[/ QUOTE ]
this comment confused me, i have lived in the south all my life (texas) and i hardly ever see anything but sandles and ankle socks. i just figured the warmer the weather the lower the sock and the colder the weather the longer the sock.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never been to texas, but what you say makes sense to me. I have family in atlanta and visit all the time (they used to live here), and everyone in atl wears longer socks.

B Dids
11-22-2005, 08:06 PM
I'm from Seattle and I wear all kinds, depending on what else I'm wearing and the occasion.

Dominic
11-22-2005, 08:19 PM
I wear those socks with the little puffy balls on the back of the ankle. They just make me feel pretty.

jokerthief
11-22-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is that much prejudice/sockism.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, because of this I have to take back my retarded moran comment. Calf high socks aren't worn to the calf, they are let to slouch down. Also, please look again at ankle socks. They are very girly.

hobbsmann
11-22-2005, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
socks are for funerals only.

[/ QUOTE ]
I miss living in LA.

kurosh
11-22-2005, 08:27 PM
Illinois. Always black ankle socks.

astroglide
11-22-2005, 08:28 PM
st louis, ankle socks. not kidding, i'm wearing some right now and i'm in creve coeur.

Alobar
11-22-2005, 09:14 PM
in AZ those no see em socks, are pretty much the norm (the ones lower than even ankle socks) when wearking shoes for athletic purposes.

tdarko
11-22-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
please look again at ankle socks. They are very girly.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe the ones sold up in bitter country are. down here where there is sun they don't look girly at all and its way too fawking hot to where long socks even if they are slouched.

11-22-2005, 09:25 PM
Philly, always ankle socks, but thats mostly because my feet sweat too much otherwise

CheckRaise
11-22-2005, 10:34 PM
During the winter I wear wool socks, the only time I ever wear ankle socks is with shorts.