PDA

View Full Version : did i chicken out on the river?

11-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Sorry that i didnt convert, but i dont know if the converter works with poker room.

5 handed .5/1

Preflop:
Loose passive limps UTG, UTG +1 folds, I raise Qd Jd on the button, SB calls, BB calls, Limper calls

Flop(4 players): 7d Js 4h

Checked to me, i bet, blinds fold, and loose passive calls

Turn(2 players): Kc

loose passive checks, i bet, he calls

River(2 players) QH

Loose passive bets, i call

Was my raise before the flop good, and should i have raised that river?

krimson
11-22-2005, 05:28 PM
How loose, how passive? I would often just call this river bet against a 70/1/0.4 type player. But if your definition of loose passive is 50/5/1, then I would probably put in a raise here. Pre-flop is good.

CanKid
11-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Raise the river, loose passives will often donk a wierd pair here, like J8 or Kx, if I know him to not get out of line with 3-bets I'd probably fold to a 3-bet as 9T picked up the dbl gutter on the turn, or AT fishing got there, I expect to get called and beat 1 pair.

whodaman
11-22-2005, 05:31 PM
yes raise the river. Your ahead a lot more often than behind and people at .5/1 dont normally fold rivers for one more.

Girchuck
11-22-2005, 05:32 PM
The hand that can beat you from this loose passive is 9T
This hand is actually quite probable for him to have.

The hands that you beat include wierdly played K, and Q7, Q4 making a lesser 2 pair.

Optimally, if the loose passive is completely predictable, you raise and fold to 3-bet. However, if this loose passive is capable of 3-betting 2 pair hands, it is a very costly play, because you cannot fold to 3-bet.

Have you seen this loose passive bet with intention of 3-betting? It is very unusual play for loose passives, but some do it with very strong hand. If you haven't seen this loose passive doing this trick, then calling to find out his hand is ok, because if you raise and win, his hand will be mucked.

You preflop raise is standard. Your hand is very good against limping range of a loose passive.

11-22-2005, 06:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How loose, how passive? I would often just call this river bet against a 70/1/0.4 type player. But if your definition of loose passive is 50/5/1, then I would probably put in a raise here. Pre-flop is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Krimson, wouldn't a player with .4 aggression be perfectly happy betting something like AQ here on the river or a lower queen? If villain is really that passive it seems a raise/fold is the best line ... I think the chances of someone that passive 3-betting with a holding such as Q4 or Q7 are pretty slim.