PDA

View Full Version : Finding an Edge in HU O8

11-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi,
I've been experimenting with Heads up Limit O8 SnG's. I've found at the lower stakes that simply being able to fold "dead end" hands provides enough edge to win a good percentage of the matches. (I'm still working on not tilting /images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Does anybody have experience HU, and have any advice to give? In particular, I'm trying to figure out the best approach to playing against LAG opponents. I hate just saying to myself "I could have the high or low, just call". I've tried being equally aggressive back but then the match can end in a heartbeat on a few pivitol hands.

I guess my question is, how do you play heads up against aggressive opponents? You know, those who will bet and RAISE with as little as an overpair or a decent low draw. Any other advice is greatly appreciated as well ...

-Mike

11-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Head to head play is about adjusting to the way your opponents play. If you opponent is a LAG adjust your starting hand requirements, dump your crap hands early and only get into a raising war when you think you have the best of it.

Try and get an understanding of how hand values change when h to h. For instance A2 hands go down in value and high only hands go up in value…

There are a lot of good posts on holdem h to h. Search for them and just apply what the recommend to Omaha.