PDA

View Full Version : simple QQ PF

orange
11-22-2005, 03:45 PM
$.10/.25 home game 5 handed. Game is pretty passive, weak. I am running well, raising in position and c-betting alot. I have showndown 0 hands, but have only been playing for 2 rounds.

Villan is somewhat strange...I have only played with him for 2 rounds and saw him push the river with a 1 to the straight board against a LAP. He talked alot which led me to believe that he was not bluffing. He showed the straight and took the pot.

Villan has ~$35-40, barely covers hero.

Note: Right after dealing, villan looked up and said "If anyone raises, I'm going all-in". I assumed it was just trash talking, and didn't think he looked at his cards yet. I disregarded it as ignorance.

PF-- EP limps, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.25 on the button with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Villan raises all-in. Everyone folds to hero.

As stated before, villan is relatively unknown. At the time, he seemed relatively loose, and liked to miniraise PF. I also saw him bet $.25 on the flop/turn/river with bottom pair. He is chatting to me now openly, stating "I want to gamble...I think we are coinflipping if you call".

Do I call here? I put villan on AA/KK/JJ/AK/and MAYBE 10s or AQ. Should I just wait for another time to stack him? Is this too read dependent??

beavens
11-22-2005, 03:48 PM
personally, i'd call and i think we're going in as a favorite.

11-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Call quickly.

ajmargarine
11-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Dominated by 2 hands. Ahead of everything else. Even without the preflop bravado and the post-push banter, I still call. But that stuff makes it an even easier call IMO.

the machine
11-22-2005, 03:53 PM
since he said that i call as fast as i can. rarely are you behind here. qq usually for me is read dependent but in this case i shove my chips in everytime

4_2_it
11-22-2005, 03:57 PM
If he didn't look at his cards this is an autocall. If he did, I still call because I am still ahead of most everything.

orange
11-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the replies. How would you play the hand if it were the first at the table, against a complete unknown? Does your decision change?

4_2_it
11-22-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the replies. How would you play the hand if it were the first at the table, against a complete unknown? Does your decision change?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not unless he is eating Oreos.

beavens
11-22-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not unless he is eating Oreos.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok mr son of a bitch - let's play some cards.

the machine
11-22-2005, 04:06 PM
nope still call and hope i brought some extra money incase i lose /images/graemlins/grin.gif

orange
11-22-2005, 04:08 PM
Ok. Thanks for the replies. As I said, it was a simple question, and I misplayed the hand. I felt there was a better time to stack him and folded the $2 investment. He showed AK/images/graemlins/club.gif and took the pot.

Later on, when stacks were deeper, he called my PF RR with KJ, hit a J on the flop, and lost a good bit of his stack vs my AA. Thanks for the replies guys.