PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

Brad22
11-22-2005, 03:31 PM
Hi all,

Been playing O/8 for a while now, and really want to learn the game fully.

I have been playing the $11 SnGs at PP, and have been able to do very well - I don't have PT yet, so I don't know exact results. A few quick questions for those earning from this game:

-What are you earning per hr. a the 0/8 games? What are the best places, most profitable limits, etc.

-What kind of ROI can you expect from the Sng's at Party or at other sites

-The 2+2 Hi/Lo book, Ciaffone's book and the O8poker.com site have been given to me as the 3 best tools for learning the game - this accurate?

Thanks for the help.

Brad22
11-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Bump....C'mon Omaha lovers, any info?

bodie
11-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Hi Brad,

I usually play only live O8, so can't answer regarding internet sites. However I have found that reading the books is great but can only take you so far. Hours and hours of playing will give you insights that you can't really get from a book.
That said, I also like:
Championship Omaha by Cloutier & McEvoy
High-Low-Split Poker by Ray Zee

Good luck!

kitaristi0
11-28-2005, 11:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
-The 2+2 Hi/Lo book, the 2+2 forums and the O8poker.com site have been given to me as the 3 best tools for learning the game - this accurate?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
-What kind of ROI can you expect from the Sng's at Party or at other sites

[/ QUOTE ]

Last I checked the STT forum, a good ROI for low-limit Sng's was about 30% (for NLHE). It's possible that for O8 a higher ROI is achievable, since even more people have no idea how to play. This is just my guess though.