PDA

View Full Version : K9s

11-22-2005, 03:24 PM
No reads, hows my turn bet/river raise?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, hero raises?

11-22-2005, 03:25 PM
I dont put him on a full house yet. Raise and if he 3-bets puke and cry and call.

spydog
11-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Turn: I generally check this turn. I think he's got an Ace or better King a good portion of the time, and he's almost always checkraising with an Ace. Most worse hands that will fold might bluff the river when you check, and some of these hands are drawing dead.

River: Raise it and call a 3-bet, although capping might work against some.

11-22-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Most worse hands that will fold might bluff the river when you check, and some of these hands are drawing dead

[/ QUOTE ]

while i agree checking this turn may be good, are you then raising this and just calling a three bet?

ddubois
11-22-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: I generally check this turn. I think he's got an Ace or better King a good portion of the time, and he's almost always checkraising with an Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, a 6 or a PP is entirely possible too. And there's a couple reasons to think an ace unlikely: BB didnt 3bet preflop, and there's two of them out. You'll have a bunch of hidden chop outs and some flush scoop outs if a better king gets emboldened by the second ace to CR you, so it's not a catastrophe.

[ QUOTE ]
Most worse hands that will fold might bluff the river when you check, and some of these hands are drawing dead.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is true, although I like to know more about my opponents' aggressiveness before I rely on it. There are many players you can depend on to peel any flop and bet any river after a turn check, but I think this idea is more of an factor at 10/20.

me454555
11-23-2005, 02:11 AM
This turn bet is incredibly standard. The ace on the turn didn't change much as he likely doesn't have one b/c he would have c/red or lead out on the flop. Any hand that called the flop will likely call again on the turn and you are ahead of a vast majority of them w/plenty of outs agianst those you are not

11-23-2005, 07:51 AM
100% raise on the river or you are playing too scared.

stigmata
11-23-2005, 08:05 AM
I play it the same. Bet the turn, raise the river, call a 3-bet.

On the turn he could have Kx 6x, JT, QJ etc, and the ace really doesn't change things much.

SteveGriff
11-23-2005, 08:34 AM
Raise the river, and be happy, you played it fine

Steve Griff

11-23-2005, 08:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I play it the same. Bet the turn, raise the river, call a 3-bet.

On the turn he could have Kx 6x, JT, QJ etc, and the ace really doesn't change things much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, bet the turn for value. If you get raised you can fold the river UI.