PDA

View Full Version : Smells

TheBlueMonster
11-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Every smell is unique as is everyone's sense of smell.

What's your favorite smell?
What smell makes you nauseous?
What smell turns you on?

for me it's:
-the smell of a drier after clothes have been in it.
-formaldehyde
-my girlfriend's neck /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Slow Play Ray
11-22-2005, 02:51 PM
- gasoline, freshly-mowed lawn, and those old, flaky rubber erasers. and dank bud. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
- patchouli
- ditto on your gf's neck

11-22-2005, 02:53 PM
Drier sheets, gasoline, vanila, grease

throw up smell

curve cologne, because when I wear it, and smell it, it reminds me of getting laid, because that is my going out cologne

xadrez
11-22-2005, 02:54 PM
I love the smell of bleach for some reason. Also smoke (cigarette, campfire, NOT plastics or other petrochemicals)

I hate the smell of clove cigarettes, and also that smell inside a refrigerator.

The smell that turns me on is badussy.

imported_The Vibesman
11-22-2005, 02:54 PM
favorite: the Atlantic Ocean at high tide in late spring.

makes me nauseous: strong fish like haddock, mayonnaise, raw sewage (same thing to me)

turns me on: same as you, your girlfriend's neck.

*edit: damn you slow play ray.

I'll go with the smell that Jen Aniston gives off whenever I'm near.

samjjones
11-22-2005, 02:56 PM
1. Yo mama
2. Yo mama
3. Yo mama

Slow Play Ray
11-22-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
curve cologne...because that is my going out cologne

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, me too! chicks LOVE it. but it most definitely doesn't turn me on - that's just weird. do you get turned on even if you smell it on another guy? *shudder*

11-22-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, me too! chicks LOVE it.

[/ QUOTE ]
The panty dropping combo that I use, is scent of a man body lotion- bed bath and beyond, curve, and a cigarette...

pokerdirty
11-22-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

oranges

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exhaust

[ QUOTE ]
What smell turns you on?

[/ QUOTE ]

my own farts

codewarrior
Favorite: Fresh chocolate chip cookies just out of the oven
Nauseous: anything fishy
Turn on: Chloe Narcisse perfume - tres sexy. Oh, and also Charlie, becuse it is musky and slutty.

peterchi
favorite: All those smells at shopping malls

nauseous: The smell on my clothes after a full day at the office (and I swear it's not me; I think it's my chair but I already switched chairs once, so I don't know).

turn on: My hs gf had some body spray that really sticks out in my memory. My last ex had a ton of perfumes but one was awesome. Didn't ask what it was, and though I did compliment her for it, I only noticed it once.

Blarg
11-22-2005, 03:00 PM
I love the smell of a girl fresh from a shower.

Grass, baking bread, the air after a rain when it's still feeling charged and is full of moisture and super fresh, the smell of water on rock, aromatic almond products like Amaretto and marzipan, the deep green smells of a forest, rich dark soil, limes, cedar, sandalwood, puppy breath, plumeria, watermelon, perfectly roasted chicken skin, the night air in Hawaii on the Windward side when it's cool and has come over thousands of miles of open ocean, the way roses used to smell.

TheBlueMonster
11-22-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
What smell turns you on?

[/ QUOTE ]

my own farts

[/ QUOTE ]
LMAO!!!

TheBlueMonster
11-22-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, me too! chicks LOVE it. but it most definitely doesn't turn me on - that's just weird. do you get turned on even if you smell it on another guy? *turned on*

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dominic
11-22-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What's your favorite smell? My Mon's pasta sauce as it's simmering.
What smell makes you nauseous? cigarette smoke
What smell turns you on? a pretty girl's fresh-cleaned hair

[/ QUOTE ]

Slow Play Ray
11-22-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What smell turns you on? a pretty girl's frash-cleaned hair

[/ QUOTE ]

mmm...jenna jameson's hair...

11-22-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, me too! chicks LOVE it. but it most definitely doesn't turn me on - that's just weird. do you get turned on even if you smell it on another guy? *shudder*

[/ QUOTE ]

No, obv I dont if I smell it on a dude, but when Im getting ready to go out etc..itll get the juices flowing, because thts usually the first smell that I get when I wake up next to a chick.

Slow Play Ray
11-22-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, obv I dont if I smell it on a dude, but when Im getting ready to go out etc..itll get the juices flowing, because thts usually the first smell that I get when I wake up next to a chick.

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, dude...how much do you put on?

11-22-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, dude...how much do you put on?

[/ QUOTE ]

a squirt to the face, after showering, then a few more after I put my tshirt on, before my collared shirt/sweater.

11-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Favorite Smell-

Vanilla

Smell that makes me nauseous-

Ramen Noodles, I have no idea why

Smell that turns me on-

gfs shampoo

Blarg
11-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Also tart green apples.

swede123
11-22-2005, 03:59 PM
I like: Smell of ocean/coast line, tar - I really like the smell when they are doing road work etc, freshly cut grass

Nauseous: Bath and Body works or department store perfume section (way too much of a good thing), split pea soup.

Turn on: Women's perfume, applied in moderation.

Swede

11-22-2005, 04:04 PM
-leaded gasoline
-fresh vomit
-your girlfriend's neck

imported_The Vibesman
11-22-2005, 04:04 PM
C'mon, I'm waiting for the weird ones. There's gotta be a few out there...

"Rutabega makes me horny as all hell."

"My favorite smell is the dump. We had a dump near my house growing up, and the smell reminds me of childhood."

"The smell of leather makes me sick."

There's gotta be someone out there insanely turned on by the smell of latex and rubber.

Come on people. Entertain me.

Blarg
11-22-2005, 04:09 PM
You don't think liking the smell of tar is a strange one? That makes lots of people nauseoous. Or bleach? That's good for getting the meat off skeletons or burning holes in your brain, but not for smelling. How about cigarettes?

I think we got a good cropping of strange ones so far.

11-22-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. Yo mama
2. Yo mama
3. Yo mama

[/ QUOTE ]

* worthy?

imported_The Vibesman
11-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Don't think tar is strange at all - it may be uncommon, but it's understandable - and lots of people enjoy the smell of smoke, from a campfire or cigarette. I like campfire smoke. Some people like the smell of a good cigar. I personally think Marlboro brands and store-boughts like that smell terrible, but don't mind additive-free tobacco smell.

Bleach is strange, just because like ammonia it can burn.

I guess I'm looking for the stuff that not only is it strange to like the smell, someone has a real strange association with it as well.

Like skunk handlers get not to mind the smell of skunk spray, and eventually will tell you they've started to like it. But does it give any of them a hard-on? That's what I want to know.

Blarg
11-22-2005, 04:38 PM
Tar is like death to me. Cigarette smoke is way different from campfire smoke. Both these things basically smell like what they are, which is poison. It's very hard for me to picture someone actually liking these smells.

I was pretty surprised by all the votes for gasoline, too.

xadrez
11-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Tobacco smoke emanating from cigars, pipes, and an additive free cigarettes (a big distinction, as Vibesman noted) smell wonderful to me. Also marijuana smells great also. I am an ex-smoker of both, so perhaps Im biased. Another thing, I like the smell of the smoke itself, not of the reek your clothes smell like after being in a fogged environment.

Contrarily, I love the way your clothes smell after sitting near a campfire.

And if you think Bleach is weird, I also love the smell of Ammonia, Ajax, Lye, Miracle-Gro and that stuff you use to dust furniture.

RacersEdge
11-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Good: fresh baked bread

Bad: wet dog

xadrez
11-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Wait I just realized Old Spice original isnt anywhere in this thread. SHAME.

2planka
11-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Some genuine responses:

Good: baseball glove on the first warm spring day, the first waft on entering a decent barbecue joint, coffee, Punch cigars, licorice.

Bad: KEM cards, the men's room, football equipment after two weeks of two-a-days, hangover breath.

Turn ons: strawberry, mild sandalwood, whatever perfume my wife wears.

Memories: roasted peanuts remind me of Fenway Park, chalk/eraser dust reminds me of grad school, the smell of fallen leaves makes me think of Halloween.

Cool topic, btw.

11-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Pine forest in a strong late afternoon sun. Also a BBQ smoker.

Toothpaste.

What smell turns you on?
Fresh t-shirt on a girl just out of the shower.

Los Feliz Slim
11-22-2005, 05:49 PM
Favorite: Roast turkey in the oven
Least favorite: Cilantro

MuckerFish
11-22-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
C'mon, I'm waiting for the weird ones. There's gotta be a few out there...

"Rutabega makes me horny as all hell."

"My favorite smell is the dump. We had a dump near my house growing up, and the smell reminds me of childhood."

"The smell of leather makes me sick."

There's gotta be someone out there insanely turned on by the smell of latex and rubber.

Come on people. Entertain me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You want entertaining, here you go...
I hate smells, almost all of them, least favorite of my senses, wish I could get rid of it.
Most nauseating top 3:
Back in med school, I have to take a buzz saw to a dead lady's head. Split the thing open like a melon so I can stare down her neck. So I'm buzzing away and not really irrigating the blade like I should and next thing ya know smoke is eminating from her skull. Ooops. That makes dead burning human flesh my #3 most nauseating smell..

#2. Back in school again, cutting the intestines out of the same dead chick. I F'ed up and didn't tie the ends up right. Dead chick crap leaks all over the place, making my #2 least favorite: 6 month old preserved dead human feces. That was a peach..

And my #1 most nauseating smell.. Psycho homeless guy gets admitted to the VA hospital. Apparently leg had been bothering him, so he wraps it in newspaper for a while. Leg gets infected, yadda yadda yadda, essentially rots right off. Smells so F'in bad, they have to close a small wing of rooms off to keep him away from everyone else because we can't take him to the OR until the AM. In the OR we have to drench our surgical masks in colonge (Brut by Faberege) because the smell is overwhelming. Making my #1 least favorite smell: Rotting homeless dude. As an added bonus I get just about as sick when I smell Brut cologne.

I hate my nose!

Dominic
11-22-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

trust me, you you don't want to smell Jenna's hair - you have no idea what might be in it....

Slow Play Ray
11-22-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

trust me, you you don't want to smell Jenna's hair - you have no idea what might be in it....

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely just spit water on my keyboard. thanks.

JonPKibble
11-22-2005, 06:49 PM
Anyone ever drive past Kaukauna, WI?

CollinEstes
11-22-2005, 06:49 PM
I like the smell of a good cigar or pipe smoke.

I hate the smell of my fridge/house after hurricane Rita and two weeks without power w/ shrimp in freeze. WORST SMELL EVER.

Turn on would have to be Escada (sp?) for women.

11-23-2005, 03:41 AM
1) Fresh Vagina
2) Vomit
3) "The Beach" by CK

The Goober
11-23-2005, 05:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
-leaded gasoline

[/ QUOTE ]

A couple people said they like the smell of gasoline - I [censored] hate it. Spend a few nights trying to fix a bike with a leaky petcock and dripping carbs with a stuck float valve and you will too. I must have washed my hands a dozen time and they still stunk for days.

Although, I've never smelled leaded gasoline - just the newfangled unleaded stuff. Does it smell that different?

BCPVP
11-23-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone ever drive past Kaukauna, WI?

[/ QUOTE ]
To hell with Kaukauna! They are the 2-weeks-without-shower armpit of Wisconsin. I live in Green Bay (actually Ashwaubenon for the Wisconsin experts) and they stink up the place when the wind blows from the south.

diebitter
11-23-2005, 06:09 AM
favourite: the smell of my children's hair after it's been washed
nauseated: blocked toilet covered with strong bleach
turn-on: lady's breath after eating strawberries or drinking something alcoholic but sweet, like sherry or whisky

The Yugoslavian
11-23-2005, 06:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

What smell makes you <font color="red">nauseated</font>?

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon...you didn't really mean nauseous.

/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Yugoslav