PDA

View Full Version : KotZ is off for July I assume, is anybody interested in.....

dux
06-30-2003, 10:26 PM
....perhaps having a tournament on Thursday the 10th of July?

The provisional date for KotZ was Thursday 3rd July, but it certainly isn't taking place (due to Simon Diamond's internet troubles). I was thinking of having an Omaha Hi-Lo tournament (or PLO or Stud for that matter) to run in the place of this months Zoo.

It certainly wouldn't attract huge numbers, but it would be good to play a different game against some Zoo folk. If anybody is interested, just give me an idea of the game/buy in that you would like to see.

Hopefully I will be able to organise it and won't have to work and miss out.

dr_mabuse
07-01-2003, 12:37 AM
hi,

i already touched this topic in the tournament forum, but there was not much response there:
why cant we organize the kotz tournament on july 3rd ourselves ?

thanks and bye
olaf

HavanaBanana
07-01-2003, 01:46 AM
Ah, do I get to be the King for free for an Extra month?

Or maybe we should hold one a little later this month?

And where is Lorinda? I have bet the UK bigbrother4 and have no clue, put most of my marbles on Nush, but she is drifting, However I will win whoever wins, bought and sold enough bets to make that happen /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-01-2003, 09:06 AM
I'll play O8 or PLO

dux
07-01-2003, 10:41 AM
Dr Mabuse, the King of the Zoo is an Internet Gambling posters tourney only - you would have got much better respnse here. The reason I didn't want to run the limit Hold'Em tourney on Thursday is becasue of this post:

Managed to have a quick look from work, I think I am going to postpone the next KotZ tournament until I get back online. Thanks to those who offered their services all the same.

No idea when I am going to be back, because I don't know where I am going to be living yet.

Thanks,
Simon

I was one of the people to offer their services to Simon, that is I asked if I could run KotZ III, but he has decided to postpone it - and that is fine by me. And as far as I'm concerned, even if somebody tried to get a tourney running by this Thursday, they'd struggle in getting numbers/getting the tournament details set up with PokerStars.

dux
07-01-2003, 10:47 AM
Do you think we could fill at least two tables full of Zoo regulars this Thursday the 10th? Not playing Limit Holdem at $30 + $3, but rather a game where alot of the Zoo can all have some fun in, like a $22 or $11 Omaha 8 or better or Pot Limit Omaha tournament?

Inthacup
07-01-2003, 11:40 AM
No Omaha for me.

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-01-2003, 11:42 AM
Sure, but I'd sure like it to be this Thursday, the 3rd. We US folks don't have to get up for work this Friday.

TimTimSalabim
07-01-2003, 02:45 PM
Is Omaha really considered fun? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif It's pure torture the few times I've attempted it. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-01-2003, 03:17 PM
PLO high is actually pretty hairy big-bet poker. Limit Omaha8, on the other hand, is not quite as much fun as watching grass grow. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

eMarkM
07-01-2003, 04:59 PM
I vote for PLO8 as HE alternative.

Uncle Bob
07-01-2003, 05:18 PM
Do you let "strangers"
Test the dangers
In this internet interlocutor tourney?
For a sawbuck
I'll try my luck
This Thursday if I can unstrap this gurney

jek187
07-01-2003, 07:08 PM
I vote for stud or stud8. Can't stand Omaha, and I suck at it. I at least want to have a chance. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

Simon Diamond
07-01-2003, 07:15 PM
Good luck with any comp you get set up, I don't think I will be back for a while yet /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Simon

dux
07-01-2003, 09:34 PM
Do you want to play in a Zoo tourney? If so then please vote. I don't want to replace KotZ, so here are some ideas:

dux
07-01-2003, 09:44 PM
Feel free to vote for option number one, but it's a bit risky because it doesn't leave us much time if anything goes wrong, and somebody else would have to take over on the day in giving out passwords as I won't be able to play.

dux
07-01-2003, 10:29 PM
Here is my e-mail if you want to talk to me on MSN (if you want to e-mail me you may as well use PMs,

inlandempire177@hotmail.com

dr_mabuse
07-02-2003, 03:51 AM
hi dux,

i am usually interested in playing any kind of 2+2 tournaments, but 1st i am interested in shifting them to a more european-friendly time ( either earlier or later, because it is now exactly in the middle of the night for me, but of course if i am the only european it looks like i am dealt 72o for that topic ) and 2nd i am a total fish ( even more than in he) at stud and omaha.

thanks and bye
olaf

dux
07-02-2003, 04:37 AM
I have decided the provisional date is this WEDNESDAY the 9th of July. It kinds of makes voting for Question 2 pretty useless. Sorry for the 8 or so people who have voted. Why Wednesday? Partly selfish because I can't make it on Thurdsay, but I am not the only one. Sorry to Dr Mabuse about this one, the time is going to be 9pm, to accomodate the US folk (and it's good for me too /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif). As much as I would love to move it to an acceptable time for the Mike Havens, Lorindas, Hungs and mabuses of the world, you are the only one to ask for the time itself to be changed. Sorry.

The buy-in will be $20 + $2. Again, sorry to those who think $22 is not worth it, and to those who think it is too much for their bankrolls; it's kind of in between. Next Wednesday, I encourage you to either take a step up, or just play for a bit of fun.

Question 1 is still ok to vote on. I will be checking the results of the poll by about 11pm EST today (Wednesday). The results for the game of choice will be finalised by at earliest 11pm.

Mike Haven
07-02-2003, 07:49 AM
just a quick suggestion to give it a title of its own for times when the King of The Zoo is not on

how about "Pretender of The Zoo"? (POTZ)

quite apt, in different ways

at some stage the current Pretender could try to take the Throne off the current King in a HU, for a bit of fun between tournaments

dr_mabuse
07-02-2003, 08:10 AM
hi,

in order to stay in line with kotz(en) = to vomit in german i would suggest to take something beginning with an r (of the zoo) giving rotz = the stuff coming out of your nose in german. so you need a suitable r-word.
maybe regent of the zoo.

thanks and bye
olaf

Kurn, son of Mogh
07-02-2003, 08:21 AM
Good job so far. I think you're seeing what an almost thankless job it is. I'm in regardless of the game. Whatever the voters choose, it'll be poker. Thanks.

onlinechamp
07-02-2003, 01:42 PM
I will play!